Gibson Brands Forums

I love this description

jannusguy2

From an Ebay listing for an SJ200. The last line is my favorite. All I can think of is GC on a Sat. afternoon. 3 years of hundreds of clowns molesting this wood and wire with their greasy mitts.

Gibson SJ 200 Standard

The Gibson SJ 200 Standard is one of the most playable acoustics on the market today. Its Rich and Big Booming tone leaves nothing to be desired. If this is the guitar missing from your collection do not let it pass you by. Comes with Gibson Hardshell case.

*Guitar has minor buffer scratches consistent with this brand of guitar. It also has a slight discolored spot on the top right side of the pick guard which was on the guitar since we have had it.

* This guitar is New and has been on display in our store since 2008. It has been auditioned by qualified prospective purchasers.

... This guitar is New and has been on display in our store since 2008. It has been auditioned by qualified prospective purchasers. ...

Obviously it didn't pass any of the multitude of "auditions" that it had in three years -

So, we must be talkin' about a lemon. B)

*Guitar has minor buffer scratches consistent with this brand of guitar.

So is it, do you think, the J-200 in particular or Gibsons in general that are prone to a certain type of "buffer scratches" that other guitars are not? The greasy mitts of qualified prospective purchasers, indeed!! [mellow]

Mine was "auditioned" too before I bought it. Came with instant mojo, two dings on the top and one on the back. Bought it anyway because of the tone. These new J-200s really do sparkle and shine.

Noticed my 200 had a small dig in it too, but I'm so in love with sound, feel, looks, I'm NOT returning it! Besides, I keep my instruments a long time, most likely for life with the gibby, AND WHAT GOOD ARE THEY IF YOU DON'T PLAY THEM-they're gonna' get marked! Supposed to be that way!

When I've bought a new guitar, I always intentionally put a little ding in it, so I don't have to worry about the first one.....

Can't say that appeals to my sensibilities.

I never worry about it. And some of my guitars have gone for years without a mark (excepting forearm haze and pickguard marks. On the other hand, there have been those that got a ding early on. It's all good mojo. B)

Archived