Gibson Brands Forums

Songs you are working on lately????

onewilyfool

• 2 weeks later...

Been trying to get "No children" by the mountain goats but I've been having trouble with the strumming. I also have wanted to learn "The Gardener" by t.t.o.e but I think that might be beyond what I'm capable of teaching myself.

Been working on Annebelle----Gillian Welch

and I've Got a Thing About Trains----Johnny Cash.

Simple chords on both, but I always like to add an instrumental solo of guitar and harmonica as I go along. Kind of breaks the bone rattling sound of my voice...lol......Thanks for mentioning I'll Follow the Sun. Hadn't thought of that one for a long time and it's well-worth learning.

Been working on Annebelle----Gillian Welch

and I've Got a Thing About Trains----Johnny Cash.

Simple chords on both, but I always like to add an instrumental solo of guitar and harmonica as I go along. Kind of breaks the bone rattling sound of my voice...lol......Thanks for mentioning I'll Follow the Sun. Hadn't thought of that one for a long time and it's well-worth learning.

Lease twenty acres and one jenny mule from the Alabama trust.....

One of my favourite GW songs!

These two.....

Catherine MacLellan - Long Way Home and Jessie Farrell - Best Of Me:

Both songs are endearing – Catherine (now no longer in the race) sings these fine lyrics in the right mood. Jessie (also in the right mood) pops irresistible – and that outro is a classic.

Can't be the easiest tune to get goin'.

Both songs are endearing – Catherine (now no longer in the race) sings these fine lyrics in the right mood. Jessie (also in the right mood) pops irresistible – and that outro is a classic.

Can't be the easiest tune to get goin'.

Catherine is Canadian folksong royalty, being the daughter of the late Gene Maclellan, who wrote some pretty good songs (Snowbird, Put Your Hand In The Hand of the Man....). That Jessie song..... I don't know. Too soon to tell if I can make it work or not. Easier songs are actually harder to do because they're harder to fancy up to the point that they are okay with just a singer and one lone guitar.

GG....I think that old Ian and Sylvia song "somwday soon" would be a great one for you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3S2ZOZni_8&feature=related

Catherine is Canadian folksong royalty, being the daughter of the late Gene Maclellan, who wrote some pretty good songs (Snowbird, Put Your Hand In The Hand of the Man....). That Jessie song..... I don't know. Too soon to tell if I can make it work or not. Easier songs are actually harder to do because they're harder to fancy up to the point that they are okay with just a singer and one lone guitar.

GG are you a country and western girl???

*gasp*

<scratches head> Hmmm, I don't know. I might be. Maybe. [biggrin]

Lemme see. She drives a pick-em-up truck, rides horses, plays guit tar, can play with the boys, looks purtier'n sunup before she puts the make-up on.... Yeah, she's a Cowgirl. [thumbup]

Lemme see. She drives a pick-em-up truck, rides horses, plays guit tar, can play with the boys, looks purtier'n sunup before she puts the make-up on.... Yeah, she's a Cowgirl. [thumbup]

Awww, thanks Tommy. The truck is just a little one tho', so not sure it still counts [biggrin]

Archived