Gibson Brands Forums

NPD Strymon El Capistan dTape Echo

Dub-T-123

photo-139.jpg

I've only been able to play with it for like half an hour but man this thing is awesome! It has to be the best sounding delay I've used.

From what I've seen so far, it totally lives up to all the hype.

I want to just sit here and mess around with it all day but I have to go back to school.

I got it used so I didn't pay full price but it's almost brand new. There's one tiny nick I'm the paint but other than that it's flawless. It has the

box and power supply and all that swag.

It's a pretty sweet pedal though it's worth it.

I got it used so I didn't pay full price but it's almost brand new. There's one tiny nick I'm the paint but other than that it's flawless. It has the

box and power supply and all that swag.

It's a pretty sweet pedal though it's worth it.

schuweeet

Thanks!

I honestly don't really care about how accurately it emulates tape delay I just think it sounds really cool. I was messing around with the tape age and tape crinkle and they're awesome! The little tape glitches are really random and unpredictable. It sounds a lot better than the modulation on my SMMH.

Ok so I played around with it some more and I have to say.. This is definately the best delay pedal I've ever heard. This thing blows my mind.

Even with the mix set to where the repeats are louder than the dry signal, the dry signal always seems to have a way of coming through the mix on top.

I'm in love. This pedal is so good... I'd recommend it to anyone.

Ok so I played around with it some more and I have to say.. This is definately the best delay pedal I've ever heard. This thing blows my mind.

Even with the mix set to where the repeats are louder than the dry signal, the dry signal always seems to have a way of coming through the mix on top.

I'm in love. This pedal is so good... I'd recommend it to anyone.

clips man!

Very nice.

The noise I could make with that beauty.

It is pretty glorious.

I was pretty busy today so I didn't get to play around with it much but I went through all of the modes and I love it all. I still have a lot of learning to do but even without knowing what I'm doing it sounds like the best delay ever.

Fred I'll record some clips asap. My little amp is making some weird noise that's buggin me. I need to fix my ac30...

It is pretty glorious.

I was pretty busy today so I didn't get to play around with it much but I went through all of the modes and I love it all. I still have a lot of learning to do but even without knowing what I'm doing it sounds like the best delay ever.

Fred I'll record some clips asap. My little amp is making some weird noise that's buggin me. I need to fix my ac30...

Haha, I talked some guy on craigslist down over 100 dollars because his bass was missing a string. Can I talk you down to about 200 for the ac30? since it needs a tube change or somethign [biggrin]

This thing is the coolest.

One thing I noticed is that the YouTube demos don't seem to show how much a loop degrades if you leave it running for a while. I really like the way a loop sounds after a little while with this pedal. I know a degraded loop would sound really cool in a song I can't wait to use this pedal in the studio.

I'm trying to record some clips but I can't seem to get a good recording right now.

Archived