Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Special Club!

insanityVSchaos

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess I'm part of the club now!

Got this Les Paul Special Sunburst from 1990, two P100.

I'm more an acoustic guitar player and that's my very first Gibson, it sounds fantastic! I love it so much!

Fs4SaQc.jpg

kiTSrtf.jpg

NevqzSR.jpg

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Im in! just picked up a VERY fast crunchy loud 04 Gibson Les paul Special trans red ... i tested the pickups and getting about 14.5 bridge 8.8 on neck... if I remember correctly... this is hand down louder and sonic than any of my others, however this is my only gibson... I have 3 Epis ( one is an 05 Limited Edition Goldtop with black back ) and upgraded pickups and electrical to a new set of pro buckers and electrical with coil tapping volume pots.. just a plug n play epi pro electronics... its a VERY nice sweet sounding les paul! but its nowhere near as hot and meaty and deep bassy as the Gibby.. there just is something about this Special! anyway.. glad to be here! now pics!

post-96015-018541300 1541785612_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just found out about this club, so I thought I'd post and participate. I bought my double-cut Special from the now defunct Mars Music back in about 2000. Before I bought mine, Mars had these double-cut Specials with both the green key Klusons and the white key Klusons. When I bought mine, they didn't have any left with the green key Klusons.That's the only thing this guitar doesn't have that I wish it did. I'll probably buy a set of green key Klusons for it one of these days. Nonetheless, I really really like this guitar. It plays great with its Slim-60s neck profile and sounds just unbelievably fantastic through my Marshalls. One nice touch about my guitar that I don't see on all Specials is the bound fingerboard.

11746242966_0736f731f6_b.jpgGibson Les Paul Special circa 2000 with P90 single coils by Michael McBroom, on Flickr

Archived