Gibson Brands Forums

Best Multi FX pedal?

Spot

I disagree the HD series is a down grade since loads of options and options are not included... Go with the Pod X3 Live.....

Like I said "maybe". It's not a ton of stuff though. I can't recall if one or all of the HDs lack the xlr option.... Other than that, its a matter of taste in tones. HD500 and Live are the same price.

Op, you'd be surprised how uncomplicated it is. Have fun shoppin'! [thumbup]

My Vote goes to the Digitech RP1000 http://www.digitech.com/products/Multi-Effects/RP1000.php works best when used with a series loop and 4 cables, but can be used thru the front end only, lets you use your amps preamp if you wish or any of the many amp sims, it puts the effects where they belong like distortions/overdrive in the front end and Fx like chorus thru the loop, I like the fact you can turn off all amp sims with a touch of one button and use your amp tone, or diable the speaker sims and only use the amp sims, my fav are the Plexi & JMC900 with no speaker simms because i have my Celetions. Also has a switchable loop to put in your own effects and has a record looper with overdub, covers all the bases. Easy to use but has plenty of tweaking if you wish.

Archived