Gibson Brands Forums

N. Korean Girl

DanvillRob

Is this a computer animation. . .

What strikes me besides the skills, accuracy, dynamics and timing, is the way her body moves with or reacts to the music. There's a very natural connection.

Doubtlessly a genius, but she doesn't appear to be a robot.

I would like to see a video from when her talent was first discovered.

Those scenes must have been out of this world – unreachable for my imagination.

I have seen this little lady before and agree that she is a child prodigy/genius. She has both technique and musicality msp_thumbup.gif - the name of the piece escapes me, but I think it is somebody like Gasper Sans or Fernando Sor - somebody from that period anyway I think.

Matt

One amazing thing is when kids with exceptional talent like this, their playing is heartfelt and fun which shows through on this video. While it is new and fresh to them, it is simply amazing to watch! Hopefully it will never be "commercialized" with this girl by some recording label wanting to make a buck off this girl.

Thanks for the information, Mat. I am not a classical player, but you led me to a fun wikipedia education on a couple of early guitarist/composers.

my pleasuremsp_biggrin.gif

Classical and then gypsy jazz, are my musical passions on the guitar! I think I just about get away with being an acoustic member here, despite not owning a Gibson acoustic ;) :)

Matt

At this age, it takes a love for the instrument and the music. So much love, it surpasses the urge to play with other toys.

Even more amazing is she's doing it on a full size guitar. Who says a kid this size needs a 1/4 size guitar?

Archived