Gibson Brands Forums

Post Pics of Your Baby

colin4195

I don't know the exact model name but I think it was guitar of the week back in 07. Picked her up for $700! about a year ago. This Particular SG has the best neck I've ever played on. I've played some SG special's, standards and non compare to this one. I love it.

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0144.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. Did you have to cut the pickguard to fit the mounting ring for the neck pickup?

Thanks. If you mean brigde mounting ring(no mounting ring on neck) , i didn't cut the pickguard just screwed it in the pickguard. So far so good, but it isen't the right way to do it guess

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jay,

Here is my take on the neck.

The neck seems to be a mix of profiles, it is slimmer than I expected on the first frets and it tapers to a thicker neck at the joint just like the neck on a '61 except the neck is more of a shallow round shape than the neck on the '61

Basically the neck has less "shoulders", I would like it better if it a bit more meat on the first frets but that's alright the neck does have substance after the 3rd fret enough to bend strings comfortably.

Overall I like it, it's like a mix of a fast neck and a neck that allows for comfortable bends.

Archived