Gibson Brands Forums

Post Pics of Your Baby

colin4195

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here she is ,,my 60s Tribute SG. Got her a week ago but the way she plays it feels like we've been together for years.IMO they really did everythig right on this series ,,cant think of one thing that i was disappointed about or wish that they had done better. I have a 60s Tribute Les Paul as well and its pretty much the same thing. Killer axes!!!And at a price even us poor folk can afford.

DSC01779.jpg

MY Noisemakers:

Gibson 2011 60s Tribute SG

Gibson 2011 60s Tribute Les Paul

Epiphone 2008 Sg Custom Prophecy GX

Epiphone 2003 Korina G-400 Sg

Epiphone 1998 Korina Explorer

Epiphone 1998 Korina Flying V

BC Rich 1981 Maple Mockingbird Handmade

Ibanez 2010 ART100-VLS

Ibanez 1977 Les Paul (2351AV)

Ibanez 1976 Stratocaster (2375W)

Gibson 1968 Les Paul Custom

Charvel Fretless Bass

Washburn Lyon P bass

Guild Madiera P-600 Jumbo Acoustic

Applause A-25 Acoustic

Chuan Yin Marina Mark 20SS classical

Carlo Robelli 5 string Banjo

Carlo Robelli Electric Violin

Kay Electric Mandolin

Lignatone Mandolin

Midiman Radium Keyboard

2 Marshall JTM-612 60 watt 1 12 Combos

• 1 month later...

This is my newish SG Classic. Got her in late July.

Pardon the crappy cell phone photos. I swapped out the reflector knobs for black speed knobs and strung her up with 11s. Just need to upload the new photos.

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Holy smokes !!!

Some of you guys are living the dream...Very, very nice gear and guitars !

makes me kinda jealous [sneaky][tongue]

Cheers,

Some here are living the dream more than me, but I tend to make one major music related purchase a year. It's such a hard life when the hard decisions in life are "which Gibson to buy" or to go with Gibson or Fender. Right now I'm trying to figure out if I want to buy an SG Standard, Les Paul Standard, Explorer, Flying V, a more high end Gretsch or a USA Strat for next year's purchase.

Hi, I think if you have a few Gibson with HB's and Single Coil Fenders already then you will be well served to round out your collection with a Gretsch. I have a 57 chet Atkins and I feel it adds nicely and brings a lot to the table.

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

gretscheastmansepicrest.jpg

Hi, I think if you have a few Gibson with HB's and Single Coil Fenders already then you will be well served to round out your collection with a Gretsch. I have a 57 chet Atkins and I feel it adds nicely and brings a lot to the table.

I have a Gretsch G5120 already and no Fender's yet. The 5120 has it's stock Gretschbuckers and after taking it out to a jam session at a local bar last weekend I've decided to keep them as opposed to swapping for Filtertrons as originally planned. Not only was I floored by the tone, but I received lots of compliments on the tone I was getting - I plugged into the house band's amp (a Laney hybrid combo amp)and used the same settings they were using for a very distorted strat and les paul. The pickups are fairly low output and the tone I got was a nice full sound just on the verge of breaking up. When I picked softly I got my clean tone and when I dug into the strings I got a fairly close approximation of the AC/DC sound.

I might just go with the strat, since I haven't had one in nearly 10 years and I kinda regret selling that early 80's Japanese Squire I'd been playing back then. One difference this time though is if I can't tolerate the hum of the single coils I might go after stacked buckers or Lace Sensors instead of EMG's. Of course, there is something about the Gretsch sound that I've found almost as appealing as the Gibson sound. Maybe it's that the Gretsch tone compliments the Gibson tone in a mix in a different way than the Fender sound does...mind you, the Strat/Les Paul combo in a 2 guitar band works very well also.

Archived