Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
colin4195

Post Pics of Your Baby

Current SG's: 1992 SG Jr. Reissue "Ebony", 2006 SG Standard "Ebony", 2007 SG Special "Worn Cherry"

Ah, nice pic.

Looks like the Judas Priest Flying-V/SG duo.

Nice.

Loving this thread! I'm late to the party. Great SG's! Every one of them. Pete C, I also have the GOW #38. How do you like yours? I like the 57 classics with this SG. When I got this guitar it had a dead sound. Bad factory setup, but with some TLC I set her up and got her ringing nicely. Here she is dressed in Antique Black Cherry.

DSCF2667_2.jpg

DSCF2643_2.jpg

Loving this thread! I'm late to the party. Great SG's! Every one of them. Pete C, I also have the GOW #38. How do you like yours? I like the 57 classics with this SG. When I got this guitar it had a dead sound. Bad factory setup, but with some TLC I set her up and got her ringing nicely. Here she is dressed in Antique Black Cherry.

DSCF2667_2.jpg

DSCF2643_2.jpg

You' re lucky , nice guitar

My recent acquisition. SG Classic with added Vibramate/Bigsby beside my Fender Twin Custom 15 (single 15" speaker):

SGBigsby.jpg

Sweet Classic! What year and color is it? It's dark like my 2008 so I don't think I'd consider ours heritage cherry.

btw you should man up, ditch the Vibramate, and come to the dark side:

l.jpg

Go all the way!

Sweet Classic! What year and color is it? It's dark like my 2008 so I don't think I'd consider ours heritage cherry.

btw you should man up, ditch the Vibramate, and come to the dark side:

l.jpg

Go all the way!

Thanks!

It's a 2006. I thought it was cherry but if it's too dark how about wine red (more of a Les Paul finish but who knows?)

I'm considering getting it mounted on the body but I'm also preferring the position it is with the VM. I use the vib the same way I do on my Strat, more of a detuning device used with delay than a wiggle stick. So I like the arm close by and loose feeling. I wonder if changing the position alters string tension, though.

PJ

Here's mine. Just got it a few weeks ago. 2005 SG 61 Reissue. Great guitar. I really like the neck profile and it's everything I've been looking for. I have been after an SG 61 for ages.

post-37849-002426500 1330614751_thumb.jpg

post-37849-093050400 1330614771_thumb.jpg

post-37849-082159400 1330614785_thumb.jpg

post-37849-008272900 1330614801_thumb.jpg

My recent acquisition. SG Classic with added Vibramate/Bigsby beside my Fender Twin Custom 15 (single 15" speaker):

SGBigsby.jpg

Very nice. I did the same thing to my classic. I think it gives it a nice vintage look.