Gibson Brands Forums

Time keeps on ticking

ol fred

Thought I saw the light but it seems to be fading. Installing new cabinets in a fifty year old house where square and plumb does not exist is the most time consuming part of the project so far but at least, or is that at last? that part is finished. Custom tile counter tops, trim and appliances are next.

My hands have recovered from all the injuries sustained during the heavy construction so I am getting a little picking time occasionally.

More pics once the counter tops are finished for those who are interested.

Thought I saw the light but it seems to be fading. Installing new cabinets in a fifty year old house where square and plumb does not exist is the most time consuming part of the project so far but at least, or is that at last? that part is finished. Custom tile counter tops, trim and appliances are next.

My hands have recovered from all the injuries sustained during the heavy construction so I am getting a little picking time occasionally.

More pics once the counter tops are finished for those who are interested.

That is why new construction contractors seldom mess with remodel jobs, especially in older homes. Having to deal with out of plumb, square, level, code homes can be a nightmare if you don't have at your cerebral disposal endless work-arounds and expedients. Most new construction contractors don't have the patience or experience.

Archived