Gibson Brands Forums

New Gold Top 1960 reissue addition

WahKeen

So I walked into GC yesterday mainly to try out guitars and wasn't necessarily thinking to pull the trigger there. This Gold Top was on my list of prospects (out of 6) and frankly I didn't think there would be anything I liked there in terms of finishes or price, since MF doesn't charge tax, but you're subject to what you get. I have heard good stories about MF, so I wasn't too concerned there.

Anyway, I tried a GLP Axcess and it wasn't for me. I then saw this one and tried it, and immediately fell in love with it. The top was very good, the sound was indescribable.... I'm serious.

So, I talked to "my guy", the salesman that I like to work with and started to negotiate. He then shoots to the manager's office, a la car salesman style, and comes back with frankly, an offer I simply could not refuse. I had images of "The Godfather", LOL. Seriously, I just uttered "Ok, let's do it...", in a sort of "Do I deserve this deal?" kind of muttering. I won't go into details, but let's just say an 8 year old would even say "wow!".

Ok, to the matter at hand. This baby is a Gibson Custom Shop 1960 Les Paul Reissue Gold Top. It has BurstBucker pickups made especially for this guitar, with coil-split, phase switch and killswitch electronics. It's not a "signature" pickup pair, but they're made to Jimmy Page's specifications (in candy pic). The tone is unbelievable. I recommend this guitar to anyone! Well, here is my new girl....

With the stickers etc...

000_0208.jpg

The candy

000_0219-1.jpg

Without the stickies

000_0212.jpg

The sisters shot

000_0217enhanced.jpg

Thanks for your time... I'm so happy, I can hardly contain myself, heh.

Archived