Gibson Brands Forums

Mayday! NGD! Jackson Browne Model A

livemusic

It's Mayday because this guitar might do me in, I don't want to put it down! I got it in yesterday and still have not put new strings on it. They are a couple of months old, methinks, looking at the paperwork. This guitar is magnificent. The first song recorded on it is up for listening, I wrote it today. This song is strumming style but my, oh my, this guitar is an answer to prayer... a fingerstyle gem. I will do a fingerstyle song asap.

I guess this is the finest guitar I've ever played. It's big, wide, deep. I thought I might have trouble with the 1.8" neck since I have short fingers but nope, I am handling it just fine. I have not plugged it in yet, look forward to checking out the high-dollar system.

I'm no Sinatra, but this vocal is worse than usual because I am now recovering from the flu.

The song:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10405827

Recorded live on one track on Zoom H4n handheld recorder.

It's Mayday because this guitar might do me in, I don't want to put it down! I got it in yesterday and still have not put new strings on it. They are a couple of months old, methinks, looking at the paperwork. This guitar is magnificent. The first song recorded on it is up for listening, I wrote it today. This song is strumming style but my, oh my, this guitar is an answer to prayer... a fingerstyle gem. I will do a fingerstyle song asap.

I guess this is the finest guitar I've ever played. It's big, wide, deep. I thought I might have trouble with the 1.8" neck since I have short fingers but nope, I am handling it just fine. I have not plugged it in yet, look forward to checking out the high-dollar system.

I'm no Sinatra, but this vocal is worse than usual because I am now recovering from the flu.

The song:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10405827

Recorded live on one track on Zoom H4n handheld recorder.

That's very nice Bill!

I keep hearing so much good stuff about the JB models -- I really want to try one.

(Your voice sounds fine, btw!)

Fred

Where did you buy it from? I've got a line on one that is supposed to be very good.

Are you talking about the guitar? If so, the JB is kind of hard to find at this time. As for ordering, I dunno, except E M Shorts dealer out of Kansas seems to have great prices and I sure like that. If you know of another great, place, let me know, as I will be buying another guitar or two along the way, I am sure, haha.

Archived