Gibson Brands Forums

Super J-45 in Edinburgh store

Lefty Guy

I stopped off for 45 mins at GuitarGuitar, my favourite UK guitar shop, in Edinburgh yesterday.

I played several lefties, a Hummingbird, a D-28 & a J-45.

Now I'm probably biased as I love J-45s but this one was a beauty. its a basic standard model & played like butter.

Sadly I already have one, otherwise I'd buy her, but I'd advise any other UK-based lefties gassing for a J-45 to consider her.

Know the feeling ... there was an awesome J-45 in my shop that ive been ooming and ahming about .... then an even better SJ arrived. Its now sitting on a stand at my place next to the SWD [biggrin]

Now, that's what I'm really after - a nice SJ. Sadly lefty versions are as rare as rocking horse doo doo here in the UK!

Aha – Well, unfortunately I'm not goin' to Edinburgh, but I will be in London early this summer. Have been wondering if anyone here could recommend some must check guitar shops (new as vintage inventory) and maybe give away a few tricks.

My brother got his J45 from Guitar Guitar in Edinburgh and was pretty happy with the service I think.

Aha – Well, unfortunately I'm not goin' to Edinburgh, but I will be in London early this summer. Have been wondering if anyone here could recommend some must check guitar shops (new as vintage inventory) and maybe give away a few tricks.

Not being a native of London, I don't know all the guitar stores there.

However, when ever I am down that way I always pop in here for a look Vintage and Rare Guitars on Denmark Street.

This store is also pretty good if you are looking for new guitars Macari's and it's not far from Vintage and Rare Guitars above.

Well coming from the States you would be crazy to buy a vintage guitar in London. If you want to good laugh,....go to "Vintage, Rare & Overpriced Guitars" on Denmark Street where there are some nice old guitars but the prices are b/w 3 and 4 times the guitars you can get in the US. It's a joke!!!!!

Vintage and Rare Guitars

[scared]

Here's an example: Average condition '63 J-45 in an undesirable colour for US$ 6,249.32 !!!!!!!! You could find one like this in the States for b/w $ 2,000 and $ 2,500 If you shop around...

'63 J-45

Well coming from the States you would be crazy to buy a vintage guitar in London. If you want to good laugh,....go to "Vintage, Rare & Overpriced Guitars" on Denmark Street where there are some nice old guitars. . .

'63 J-45

Being European, that ain't exactly the situation.

I'm visiting Old Lady London to see Donovan in concert with a couple of vintage friends, and thought we should check some guitars.

I'm out to try – not buy, , , unless something extraordinary occurs.

Denmark Street I've heard of and its confirmed by you forumites.

Think it'll be a good opportunity to get wider knowledge of different models.

I'll be open for a bit of everything - slope/square SJ's, C&Ws, H-birds of any age. Will reach for Jumbos and aged 45's - even focus on H-bird Pros, SWDs.

Prices ---Yeh, the differences are striking.

Undesireable colour --- I know of at least 2 posters here who burn for this burst variant.

Undesireable colour --- I know of at least 2 posters here who burn for this burst variant.

[/size][/font]

...Maybe a few fans of this colour but it's still less desirable and therefore commands a lower price in the market.

[biggrin]

Archived