Gibson Brands Forums

Ringo Star

Guest Farnsbarns

The 'Ringo Period' of history was indeed a memorable era of creativity

Who nowadays can hold a candle to these greats?...apologies for any omissions...

Ringo Starr

Charlie Watts

Keith Moon

Mitch Mitchell

Ginger Baker

V....Thumping on the Kitchen Table :blink:

:-({|=

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, you are wrong..Charlie Watts is probably better than Ringo...can switch to jazz and other non pop styles easily...with the stones he played what works. Watch him in Ronnie Scotts jazz club and you will hear all the subtle little things he does sooooo well....

No offense, but this generation that grew up with Pro tools type cut and paste 4/4 drums have no idea...

We love you Charlie and Ringo... [thumbup]

I am a pre Pro Tools musician and will stand by my statement. Ringo is one hundred times the rock and roll, rock, and pop drummer Watts could ever hope to be.

Sir George Martin in a recent interview said that he thought Ringo was just a "adequate" rock drummer until he watched the group record "And I Love Her", it was then that he realized Ringo was a percussionist...Ringo came into the studio and worked out the perfect subtle backing for the song with no input from Martin or his staff.

Sir George Martin in a recent interview said that he thought Ringo was just a "adequate" rock drummer until he watched the group record "And I Love Her", it was then that he realized Ringo was a percussionist...Ringo came into the studio and worked out the perfect subtle backing for the song with no input from Martin or his staff.

Excellent point !!

Like the other Beatles, Ringo had real flair and taste for his craft

And being affable and modest probably gave the world more Beatles music to enjoy for posterity....

V

:-({|=

Hmmmmm.

He was in the most popular band in the world.

Helped sell more drum sets then maybe any other drummer in history.

Has played on some of the greatest songs ever recorded.

Pretty successful for a guy many feel has little talent

I think he's been to the mountain top few of us can even see.

Archived