Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Custom refinish

That is indeed the J.C. Custom, at least according to Google, was out at the time I got my Les Paul Classic in 2004, maple board, black inlays, brass nut and the flame-paint on the top of the body.

Yeah, Mat. It is a JC Custom. Sorry. I wasnt implying that it wasnt. I was just throwing out a little anticdote about the other gits with the same graphic that came out around that time.

However, I didnt realize that it came standard with a brass nut. That was some info I missed when doing the wiki entry, but taking a look at the wiki pic, yep...brass nut. [thumbup]

Yep, and the Z.W.'S used to also, again, don't know if they still do or not, and it seems to me there was an SG model during that time also had a brass nut too...I'm thinking the one they did in Pelham Blue, or something along those lines...?

Thanks for all the compliments. I wish I could take credit for the work, but it was a friend of mine who did all the awesome finishing.

The Epi I remember most with the same paint scheme is the Flamekat. Man I hated the dice knobs and inlays on that thing.

I do like the brass nut. It seems to me that the open chords sing a little more on this one. But it also seems pretty temperature sensitive for tuning. That could just be my perception though.

That is indeed the J.C. Custom, at least according to Google, was out at the time I got my Les Paul Classic in 2004, maple board, black inlays, brass nut and the flame-paint on the top of the body. There was another one they did, don't remember for who it was tributed to. And I THINK the Z.W. Customs at the time had the brass nut too, don't know if they still do, I'm thinking they don't, could be wrong, not enough of a fan of Zakk Wylde to know. But that refinished Lester looks WORLDS better without that foolish paintjob, damn shame hiding a nice flametop like that.

Edit: I stand corrected, he was with Sevendust, not Nickelback.

DWR: Absolutely agree with Mat... that flametop exposure is a huge improvement to your geet... & my 'Baby' has a brass nut which, along with her 'Gibraltar' bridge, really gives her amazing sustain... & ZW IS a tool [biggrin]

Archived