Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Reputation

Hockeygrad

Anyone else noticed that the number of LP studios on ebay & craigslist makes it appear there is a problem with them?? I had my own issues with gettin mine set up write, but after finally getting it squared away, its the sweetest guitar I have ever played. As they sell new for $1200-1300, seeing so many of them for sale @$600-700 means people are trying to cut their losses. Thankfully, I found help on this forum from Gibson before I did the same thing.

Unless you live under a rock you know the country is in an recession. No, they are not cutting losses in your words. They are selling things so they can eat since the dummy in my Whitehouse does not know what he is doing.

What?!?? I thought we are the only nation that elects the trash of society. ;)

My Les Paul Studio came out of the case brand new with a HORRIBLE setup. I adjusted it back and forth for days until I finally got it in the sweet spot. Now it is one of the best playing guitars I have ever touched. But this did not concern me too much, since I have to slightly tweak every new guitar I have ever bought ;) This one just did not have a setup, LOL , I think Mr. Elliot at the Gibson Factory ( the guy who checked off on it ) just strung it up and placed it in the case......There's no way a guitar could leave the factory with a backbowed neck so bad the strings wouldn't even play, lol, and the pickup switch nut had came off in the case and the switch was down inside the guitar !!! Again, worst setup on a new guitar I have EVER seen. But once I got it adjusted, it is so nice. :) I'd buy another if I had the money!

... As they sell new for $1200-1300 ...

Nope. The Satin and Faded can be had for less than $800, brand new.

Better shop around a few more places.

Unless you wanna drop a load on a Studio, got to MF - Flood Anniversary LP Studio - $1549

825367.jpg

Anyone else noticed that the number of LP studios on ebay & craigslist makes it appear there is a problem with them??

How do you figure that?

Given the thousands that get squirted out of the factory in a year, how many eBay or CL listings would it take to make that presumption valid?

Or are you as good with numbers as...

Never mind.

Nope. The Satin and Faded can be had for less than $800, brand new.

Better shop around a few more places.

Unless you wanna drop a load on a Studio, got to MF - Flood Anniversary LP Studio - $1549

825367.jpg

I like that Bowling Ball finish.

I would think that the economic end of it plus the numbers produced are very good arguments. I'd also add that if you're thinning the herd for whatever reason, all things being the same (meaning if they played as well as each other) are you going to get rid of the standard or the studio form your collection? And lastly, how many studios get sold because people want to upgrade to a standard or a custom, etc? I don't think it's a clear case of if A then B.

There have always been a bunch of studios on ebay. They just trade hands and get bought and sold frequently. Its not just studios! CS reissues can go for half of what they sell for new, too. Guitars are just bad investments. If you want guitar that wont diminish in value, buy a Mexican made Fender. Used ones go for $150 less than new.

I would think that the economic end of it plus the numbers produced are very good arguments. I'd also add that if you're thinning the herd for whatever reason, all things being the same (meaning if they played as well as each other) are you going to get rid of the standard or the studio form your collection? And lastly, how many studios get sold because people want to upgrade to a standard or a custom, etc? I don't think it's a clear case of if A then B.

This is precisely what I was intending on responding with. +1.

Archived