Gibson Brands Forums

Update on traditonal pro

Kzin

I had a terrible pup once.

It kept peeing on the carpet. :-)

But it worked great when playing hound dog? *drum fill*

I haven´t decided on a pup yet. I know i don´t one that is harsh, shrill like this the bb3. I´ve heard good things about classic 57+, and that it works good with the classic 57 in the neck.

I like Gary Mores (RIP, a true legend) tone. I realy like the tone Nick Sterling has in this clip at about 6.19

Amazing vibrato as well, I like the Angus Young-ish aspect of it. Realy works well with gibson typ guitars.

I saw him in another video with shorter hair, I think this video is older so I think he might have gotten a haircut.

Do anyone think the classic 57+ would be a good choice for getting this kind of tone? Would it also work for a Gary Moore tone?

The classic 57+ is fatter, rounder and less shrill than the bb3 right?

I have the '57 / '57+ combination in my Classic Antique. Sounds great.

+1 I love the 57 classics.

I had Standard with BB Pros, which I just couldn't get along with - way too sharp and shrill. The change to 57 classics gave me the beautiful warm yet distinctive LP sound I like.

I also have them in my 335 and Traditional. Great pups!

+1 I love the 57 classics.

I had Standard with BB Pros, which I just couldn't get along with - way too sharp and shrill. The change to 57 classics gave me the beautiful warm yet distinctive LP sound I like.

I also have them in my 335 and Traditional. Great pups!

I think I will go with the classic 57 plus then, if they sound warm and smooth. There are alot of options out there but the 57+ seems like a safe bet.

• 4 weeks later...

I freaking love this guitar! Plays like butter. I smile every time I pick it up or look at it =)

Just need to change that terrible bridge pup..

I absolutley love mine too...on the other hand, I find no faults in either of the pups. But my amp is pretty dark sounding in the O/D channel (Bogner Shiva) so that brightness in the LP blends well with the dark lead channel of the Shiva.

I may experiment with a set of WCRs only because I hear they are great PUPs in LPs, plus I loved every of the clips I've heard of them online (....Darkburst Neck and Godwood Bridge)

I did a lot of looking around recently for a Les Paul that had the best features for my needs and absolutely fell in love with the Trad Pro.It had everything I needed or wanted including the looks,unfortunately I fell a bit short on the cash.Even the price on this LP seems reasonable when comparing it with others and if my cashflow improves enough,I'm gettin' one. [drool]

Archived