Gibson Brands Forums

BC30 Noise...please help

I'm a newbie to post but have visited a couple the BC30 mods post a few times and made a couple of the simple ones...anyway...I'm getting a lot of buzz,hmmm,noise through this amp...I love the sound of the amp but the noise is so bad I can't use it to play out! My tubes are newer, the fuses are ok...It is present on both channels but it really gets louder as you tune up the volume...especially if I try to hit the EQ button...I can't put my finger on it...Should I get a magnifying glass and start looking for broken soldier or what? I'm afraid to take it to a pro for it may get costly if he has trouble shoot or search for the problem...Any ideas would be good. Thanks

I would start by replacing your preamp tubes one at a time. It is very possible you have a bad tube, it does not matter how old they are. Try the power rubes next. If it is not a tube, you need to pull the chassis.

I would start by replacing your preamp tubes one at a time. It is very possible you have a bad tube, it does not matter how old they are. Try the power rubes next. If it is not a tube, you need to pull the chassis.

Thanks for the help guys..I'll try to get to it this weekend...I've got a gig sat. and practice with my Bad Co . tribute band sun..I love this amp but I just can't seem to get any consistent performances out of it!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived