Gibson Brands Forums

Me New 2003 Gibson SG Faded Chery

mrstrat

My first Gibson. Love it. The guy I bought it from changed the pickups and there to Hot for me. I play mostly Blues some soft rock. Clean with a little reverb. Can anyone recommend a nice Blues HB Bridge and neck?

Thanks for Any help. Bob

Look at the bareknuckles website: http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/

the best pickups ever IMO. Check out the Riff Raffs - they are told to be the best for an SG. I use Mississippi Queen set in my SG Standard and they rock, but they are humbucker sized P90s, so it's a matter of taste.

Stormy mondays would be an option too if you vote for a milder and rounder sound. Check out the sound-clips.

Another option which will be allot cheaper is to get Seymour Duncan SH1 '59 set second hand - they are quite inexpensive and widely offered around - I had a set of those in my SG and they were all perfect - I changed them because I was so eager to try the P90s sound.

I cant put this thing down. This guitar is real high quality in craftsmanship and the wood is beautiful. This one is a keeper. Having Fender Single coils most my life. This Gibson with the HB's is so cool. I found out the neck is pickup is the original and love it. But the bridge is a Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader Pickup. To hot for me. That’s why I'm here. I have a lot of thinking to do. Rite now I'm leaning towards a P-90? But still open to suggestions that I can research.

Thanks for the help.

Bob

I cant put this thing down. This guitar is real high quality in craftsmanship and the wood is beautiful. This one is a keeper. Having Fender Single coils most my life. This Gibson with the HB's is so cool. I found out the neck is pickup is the original and love it. But the bridge is a Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader Pickup. To hot for me. That’s why I'm here. I have a lot of thinking to do. Rite now I'm leaning towards a P-90? But still open to suggestions that I can research.

Thanks for the help.

Bob

I'm thinking of this in the bridge? http://www.fralinpickups.com/p90s.asp

Archived