Gibson Brands Forums

SJ200 Brazilian 1938 reissue

nbtel

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-SJ-200-Custom-Shop-Brazilian-Rosewood-/290548217422?pt=Guitar&hash=item43a605f64e

I know the econony is bad and I know this might seem like alot of money but it is alot of guitar. I have the Custom ray whitley brazilian 1937 Reissue and both guitars are great. If I did not have 20 guitars I would buy this brazilian rosewood SJ200. iam not affiliated with the seller at all. he has listed this several times and has now put a buy it now price on it. If you are looking for a great guitar this is it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-SJ-200-Custom-Shop-Brazilian-Rosewood-/290548217422?pt=Guitar&hash=item43a605f64e

I know the econony is bad and I know this might seem like alot of money but it is alot of guitar. I have the Custom ray whitley brazilian 1937 Reissue and both guitars are great. If I did not have 20 guitars I would buy this brazilian rosewood SJ200. iam not affiliated with the seller at all. he has listed this several times and has now put a buy it now price on it. If you are looking for a great guitar this is it.

What I don't like about this posting is the 1938 date as noted for this quitar but NOTHING tells you it's A REISSUE-Knowledgeable persons know this by the looks of this guitar but the unknowing might buy the 1938 date.

Moose

How friggin gourgious(sp)? is that????. Like to see what that goes for [crying]

He's been trying to sell this for a while, keeps relisting. The highest bid I saw was a couple of weeks ago somewhere around $4300.00. He only just put the BIN price with this listing. The bids have been going down with each listing. I'm curious as to what it will finally sell for. The idea of Brazilian feels good but there is not guarantee it will sound better than EIW.

I bought one of those Brazilian RW B/S SJ-200's back in 1993, and remember it well. It was a real cannon, although still somewhat stiff as a new guitar can be. At the same time I bought a Nick Lucas Brazilian RW B/S and that was the keeper. One very articulate little finger piano. I sold the SJ-200 to a collector from San Diego, who used to hit all the local guitar shows, I often wonder what happened to it.

I spoke via e-mail to the seller of the Brailian SJ-200.

He pulled the auction after he added a $5500. "Buy it Now"

price to the auction. He reconsidered and said that if

he can't get $7500. for the guitar, it is not for sale.

I think his highest bid was around $4500. so that is quite

a gap.

I spoke via e-mail to the seller of the Brazilian SJ-200.

He pulled the auction after he added a $5500. "Buy it Now"

price to the auction. He reconsidered and said that if

he can't get $7500. for the guitar, it is not for sale.

I think his highest bid was around $4500. so that is quite

a gap.

I wonder how the rosewood sounds on a jumbo body, i imagine it would be quite thumpy and a bit boomy ...or would it ?

It's weird. I had a martin HD 28VS on approval and sent it back because it sounded SO dark and boomy. My Western Classic with rosewood b/s sounds balanced and clear. The sound is huge but not overly dark. No one freq overpowers the others. It sounds like a grand piano.

Archived