Gibson Brands Forums

The J-30

E-minor7

Well, it's a 25.5" scale as opposed to the Bird's 24.75, that can make a difference to some.

And visually it's not as Gibsony as some.

I have a pristine one on ebay right now. Can't seem to sell it.

Yeah, That seems to be the "way of the world" these days....Can,t sell nothin'... :unsure:

Well, it's a 25.5" scale as opposed to the Bird's 24.75, that can make a difference to some.

And visually it's not as Gibsony as some.

I have a pristine one on ebay right now. Can't seem to sell it.

Aaaahaaa, , , are you the blond or the burst ?

Forgot about the length -

Honestly : How close do they come to the Birds audio-wise ?

Hopefully, Not to be too much of a SMARTASS...But the KSdaddy, being the seller of the blonde one, would be the clue.

NICE-looking top on that one!

Thanks retro - I zoomed in and and saw it in the corner. Been bidding on the burst a time or two. . .

I can't really comment on how it would compare to a modern Hummingbird as the closest I own is the '64 SJ. I think the J30 is a little louder with more sustain; that may be because of the longer scale.

I just don't play it. It's really an under-the-bed find and I removed the story of how I came to acquire it from the auction because anyone reading it would think it was b.s.

Some guy bought it for his kid and the kid took no interest in it at all, so it sat from the early 90s to when I got it in 2006. I don't think I've played it more than an hour. I didn't even clean the previous owner's smudges off it until a couple weeks ago.

It's being sold to help me get an old L-7C or a modern Heritage Golden Eagle. I'd order a new L-7C in a heartbeat but Henry and I disagree by a couple thousand dollars.

Well I "sold" mine on ebay on 3/25 and the bonehead hasn't paid or emailed. Looks like it's going back under the bed.

Keep it up, maybe take another round. The 2 others there both went for the same within the last week - around 900.

Looks good ! / How does it sound ?

Sorry E-Minor7, I've only just seen this. It sounded pretty good, then for some reason I fell out with it. I don't know what happened, but it just didn't sound that great anymore. I've since taken it to my luthier who sorted it right out and it now sounds better than ever,

Archived