Gibson Brands Forums

You know your a snappy dresser when.....

jnastynebr

I concede defeat, Andy. I'm not going to scan my pay stubs or property deeds and post them online, so lets just assume you are rich, and I'm just another guy that took a job in NY and moved to Connecticut with the rest of us poor okies.

I'm sorry to all the people that I pissed off. Chanman, I am sorry I attacked your hobby. Jeez, a guy cant post a 75% sincere apology on the forum and not get attacked about posting pay stubs?

I didn't suggest posting them on line. Just letting you know i am willing to put my money ( or whatever you equate to success or intelligence) where your mouth is. That said, I apologize for jumping in when I shouldn't have and am man enough to admit it wasn't my place. So here is an olive branch back to you in hopes we can move forward with friendlier conversations in the future.

Sincerely,

Andy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man that made me LOL out loud!

By the by, I consider racing a sport - be it with human bodies only or in cars or on bicycles or chariots or other.

From drivers to pit crew, it takes physical strength and stamina to keep that car rolling for 2.5 hours. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand the sport.

For NASCAR, the oil sits in a container immediately behind the driver's seat. It runs about 350º F. It's like sitting in an oven for a couple of two or three hours. This takes conditioning and a certain amount of athleticism to still be functional.

A few years back I bought two used Armani suits for $50 each at a thrift store and wore them as regular parts of my daily day-gig wardrobe and nobody was the wiser, except for one particularly clothing-obsessed friend of mine who spotted the classic Armani styling from across a busy room and shouted as he ran toward me "now, THAT'S a beeyoooootiful gawment!!!" (He's half Sicilian and REALLY likes nice suits.)

Btw, I've bought plenty of clothing on eBay. As long as it fits, it's usually a serious bargain.

its all about fit and these days many many people dont actually know their clothes size. they wear and pick the same shapes and sizes because its what they have aways worn. As a lot of folk here know my previous life was in tailoring before i moved to Canada. I'm guilty of it too, i dress casual to sloppy unless i need to be formal and thats when i make the effort.

If clothes fit properly then nobody will know the difference. its sometimes worth spending a few $$ to have some nips n tucks to cange an ok suit into a sharp suit!! rgings like cuffs, waist, and leg lengths, even the nape canall be adjusted and make a massive difference

Oh yeah, if wearing a tie.... dont use a schoolboy not, learn to tie proper knots like windsors.. much classier and make sure your collar size on your shirts are correct and not hanging loose around your neck.. that makes a much classier impression oo.. shows you made the effort

I just want to know what you're going to do about a new suit and if we get to see a picture of you in it! I propose we pick one out for you here on the forum.[biggrin]

Here is a photo of me in my new suit:

paulnewmanpicture.jpg

I actually have a friend from church that works at a men's clothing store that got me killer deal on a nice Ralph Lauren two button gray suit. Its getting tailored now.

Here is a photo of me in my new suit:

paulnewmanpicture.jpg

I actually have a friend from church that works at a men's clothing store that got me killer deal on a nice Ralph Lauren two button gray suit. Its getting tailored now.

You look Great in that suit especially for a dead guy! [biggrin]

Boiled down:

If you the people judging your choice of outerwear place value on designer outerwear, they WILL notice if you are wearing something cheaply made.

Put it to you this way:

If you hand a guitar to 100 random people on the street and ask about it's quality. 75 - 90 percent wouldn't have a clue, even if "Gibson" or "C.F.Martin were emblazoned on the headstock. But those who place great stock in knowing what makes a good guitar will be able to identify it as good or just a run-of-the mill guitar. A. by identifying marks or headstock shapes. B. By the materials used and fit and finish. Less than a tenth of those discerning guitar consumers will be able to identify a knock-off.

If you are trying to impress someone wearing an Armani suit, better get a suit in that classification, or a custom made one by a well respected tailor. If you can buy a bona fide designer suit at a discount, you're being smart, as long as it isn't out of season/style.

Archived