Gibson Brands Forums

What available under $3000?

Acousticologist

Search the inventory of GuitarCenter/MusiciansFriend/WoodWindBrassWind (all the same company, so its the same warehouse in Kansas City).

BTW, they still have the TVSJ for $2900, which would fit your criteria nicely.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Search the inventory of GuitarCenter/MusiciansFriend/WoodWindBrassWind (all the same company, so its the same warehouse in Kansas City).

Even those sites won't show you everything that is available. I have never seen a company that makes buying their product more difficult than Gibson does!!! I thought Henry J. was supposed to be a marketing guy!

Isnt it amazing that you can now pickup Gibsons cheaper in Europe than in the US. a few years ago this would have been laughable.

i bought my SWD brand new for around $2100 which seems to be more competitve than in the US.

In Europe, it would appear that you can, Wily. Same price as the Woody Guthrie when available (end of March). Works out around $2400. You might also be able to pick up a Keb' Mo for under the 3000 mark too.Blues King at Thomann

I quick check of the Musician's Friend website shows three pages of Gibson acoustics (about 50 entries) that are priced under $3000.00. There are even more models priced higher than that which you can probably purchase at your price mark through select dealers if you negotiate the price with them. Have fun shopping.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?N=100001&Ns=P_Price%7c0&Ntk=All&Ntt=gibson+acoustic&Nty=1&rpp=20

There is a 63 reissue j45 in our local shop that still is the best j45 they have. It is solid black with a white pick guard that I think is ugly. It has the disliked adjustable bridge and the advanced bracing. I have seen them on Fullers website. In spite of the bridge setup it has been the best j45 in the shop for almost a year; I guess nobody likes the looks.

chasAK

Archived