Gibson Brands Forums

Angus.

LarryUK

I hate ACDC. I swear.. I feel guilty by association because I play an SG..

I don't envy his tone or vibrato (or the 3 chords he uses), but I have to say it's a great sounding tone and vibrato if you're into that thing.

I don't care for ACDC either, but I do love SGs... :-k

I don't envy his tone or vibrato (or the 3 chords he uses)

Angus is estimated to be worth $93 million dollars....that's $31 million each chord....who's laughing now...same for most music , blues I,IV,V etc. :)

I don't envy his tone or vibrato (or the 3 chords he uses), but I have to say it's a great sounding tone and vibrato if you're into that thing.

Kinda like the few notes BB King plays. You might have heard of him

Yeah, Angus' tone is pretty cool. I was never a huge fan of AC/DC, as far as songwriting is concerned, but I guess I do have to respect them for their place in rock history, and of course if AC/DC comes on the radio I won't turn it off. I'll enjoy it for what it is--but really, what is it if it's not mainstream bikers-and-frat-boys pop-hard-rock?

Frank Zappa, (Cream-era) Eric Clapton, John Cipollina and Duane Allman are why I have an SG. It doesn't hurt that Stephen Malkmus and Jeff Waters played them, too.

Angus is estimated to be worth $93 million dollars....that's $31 million each chord....who's laughing now...same for most music , blues I,IV,V etc. :)

Just because something is popular or successful, that doesn't mean it's any good.

Cool... Still hate em.

I have nothing against simplicity. What I'm saying is that almost every ACDC song I've heard sounded exactly the same.

Rocky4 - not the same thing at all.. BB plays slowly.. Not the same 3 notes over and over again in every song. And yes. I've heard of him...

I guess I just think that ACDC sounds really annoying and their songs lack diversity.

I have nothing against simplicity. What I'm saying is that almost every ACDC song I've heard sounded exactly the same.

Rocky4 - not the same thing at all.. BB plays slowly.. Not the same 3 notes over and over again in every song. And yes. I've heard of him...

10th fret-B string....used to be called the "BB position" by a couple of guitar teachers I know...lol... [flapper]

As I stated in the starter post. I've been listening to 'Back in black' at work (iphone + headset).

Angus does sound like Kossoff, but better. I don't like his vibrato, but it suits his style.

When it comes to rock I don't think there is a better band out there. His riffs are similar, but 'SO' good.

You could pick his work out from a thousand songs.

LET THERE BE ROCK!!!!

WE SALUTE YOU!!

I love AC/DC, but fully understand the criticism that they have the same sound throughout. For me it's that they don't try to make a big deal about themselves and they don't run around talking about how great they are (hey Steven Tyler, take notes). The Young brothers are what they are: blues based rock played with some swagger and old fashioned attitude. I do think Bon Scott was a better vocalist and front man. Even with that said, Back In Black is one of the greatest rock albums ever. If you don't believe me, come over and I'll play you the 180 gram vinyl version with the volume at 11.

Malcolm is the secret weapon. Writes most of the riffs and cracks the whip on the other members. Check out the live cuts from the Bon Fire box set so hear the dual guitar attack and bask in his Gretsch Filtertron pickup tonal nirvana.

I can't help but like AC/DC. Thunderstruck was played over the PA system every football game in high school while we were warming up. You Shook Me All Night Long at every dance, a lot of good memories to their music.

Archived