Gibson Brands Forums

Full Pedal Board

Kimbabig

Nice board man! Is it just me or did you move a few things around since you posted your board when you got the KoT? Also, what's that single-knob white pedal on the left in the first picture?

I have had the opposite as of today and yesterday. I had a pretty much full board and I sold a couple pedals.

Here it is as of Sunday

photo-141.jpg

As of today

photo-149.jpg

It's all good though. I have a favorite switch (for my El Cap), an Empress ParaEq, and an EQD Sound Shank coming in.

Nice board man! Is it just me or did you move a few things around since you posted your board when you got the KoT? Also, what's that single-knob white pedal on the left in the first picture?

I have had the opposite as of today and yesterday. I had a pretty much full board and I sold a couple pedals.

Yeah I moved some stuff around, I placed the KOT before the Muff as you suggested, and boy does the muff love it. The single knob thing was a Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer copy I made.

Here's my measley board. Never been much of a pedal guy, but I'm working into it. I don't really use the Digitech unless I want some crazy effect, or use it for a generic drum track. Completely sucks the tone out of my guitar.

Most of this stuff is new, including the board itself. Just picked up the Tube Screamer a couple of days ago.

Kim - I see you've got the Marshall Jackhammer too. What do you think of it? I bought mine a few years ago, and I'd been playing it through a Marshall solidstate amp, or a Red Bear head. Both amps are inherently muddy, so the pedal never did it for me, because the pedal seems to be on the muddy side too. However, since playing it through my somewhat new Hot Rod Deluxe, I've found a new love for it (the pedal). The Fender brings enough bright/chimey stuff out, and I feel like it compliments the pedal well.

2011-03-28_22-24-39_28.jpg

Guest FarnsBarns

I never really do pedals, I have a vox cry baby I use and a zoom modeler I real only use for loops. I should really go to a shop and start getting my head around them.

All I can say is these all look pretty cool.

Chase your board is awesome! When did you get the Green Rhino? I'd love to hear what you think about it and your new treble booster.

After I sold my Hoof and SMMH, I was seriously thinking about picking up a Green Rhino. But I stumbled upon a used EQD Sound Shank at a price that I could resell it at if I decided I didn't want to keep it. I originally wanted a Sound Shank more than a Hoof so naturally I had to give the SS a go.

Chase your board is awesome! When did you get the Green Rhino? I'd love to hear what you think about it and your new treble booster.

After I sold my Hoof and SMMH, I was seriously thinking about picking up a Green Rhino. But I stumbled upon a used EQD Sound Shank at a price that I could resell it at if I decided I didn't want to keep it. I originally wanted a Sound Shank more than a Hoof so naturally I had to give the SS a go.

Thanks Dub! Your getting quite the board as well...I've said this on another forum, and YouTube as well, I consider the Green Rhino the ultimate tube-screamer....I've had an TS-9 and TS-808...hated em...sucked all the bass away and just sounded eh, when driving a clean channel...The Green Rhino completely solves this problem with the 100HZ bass boost...The amount of low end you can crank out of this pedal is INSANE, and the curve knob, really adds a nice warm, vintage feel..For the money...and hell just all low to mid gain OD's out there, this wins hands down..I always like to have the four dirt essenitals on my board at all times.. low-mid OD, High gain OD, Distortion, and Fuzz. And Dub, about the EQD stuff, I really dont have a lot of exp. with them. I've heard a few video/sound clips, but actually the only one that held my attention was the Sound Shank..

Giantrobot - If I decide to sell it I'll hit you up first. I doubt I'll sell it though because I love it. Even though I don't use it that much I really love it because when I do use it, it sounds sooooo sweet and unique.

Chase...... O_O

you're makin me GAS for a Green Rhino.. I'm gonna have to check one out. They have them at the GC near my school.

I know what you're sayin about the dirt essentials. I like to have a variety of fuzz also. Got the Fuzz Factory for the robo fuzz weirdness, Torn's Peaker for the ****ed up fuzz, and hopefully the Sound Shank will provide some 60s garage psyche action.

If you didn't know, the Sound Shank is based on the Burns Buzzaround with a few "improvements". I don't know what the improvements are but I love the EQD "improvements" on the Hummingbird so I'm optimistic. They're just practical modifications.

Giantrobot - If I decide to sell it I'll hit you up first. I doubt I'll sell it though because I love it. Even though I don't use it that much I really love it because when I do use it, it sounds sooooo sweet and unique.

Chase...... O_O

you're makin me GAS for a Green Rhino.. I'm gonna have to check one out. They have them at the GC near my school.

I know what you're sayin about the dirt essentials. I like to have a variety of fuzz also. Got the Fuzz Factory for the robo fuzz weirdness, Torn's Peaker for the ****ed up fuzz, and hopefully the Sound Shank will provide some 60s garage psyche action.

If you didn't know, the Sound Shank is based on the Burns Buzzaround with a few "improvements". I don't know what the improvements are but I love the EQD "improvements" on the Hummingbird so I'm optimistic. They're just practical modifications.

No offense Chase, but Dub, I told you how amazing the Green Rhino was like two months ago! The bass control is the best part of that pedal, makes it one of the best made

I know Fred I just never got around to checking one out and kinda forgot about it until the other day.

I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of the Tube Screamer. I'd usually just rather use a clean boost for that amount of dirt. With the ParaEq I can boost the bass or any other frequency. Also I spent the money I made from those pedals and I don't feel the need to buy another just yet. The only way I'd buy one at the moment is if I got it on the cheap.

I've noticed that the TS-808 doesn't have a lot of low end balls. Being only a few days old, I'm still "getting to know it". So far, I like it, but I'm waiting to realize whether or not it was worth the $170 price tag. Don't get me wrong - I like the crunch...I'm just not positive yet that I couldn't replicate that same crunch with a much cheaper pedal.

On the flip side, after getting my hands on many different LPs/LP-style guitars lately, I've come to realize just how "boomy" my own Studio is. It's got low end/bass qualities all it's own. I'm beginning to think it's a characteristic due to being weight relieved (swiss cheese holes) versus being chambered. Other solid body/weight relieved LPs I've tried have had this similar characterstic, but the chambered LPs have not(to my ears).

All that being said, I believe that with my particular guitar, there is some compensation occurring where the tube screamer may suck some low end out, but it's counteracted by the boomy nature of my LP. This is also another reason I've come to find a new love for the Jackhammer. It's got the low end balls by default, but with that pedal, it's a challenge to bring the high's and mid's out.

No offense Chase, but Dub, I told you how amazing the Green Rhino was like two months ago! The bass control is the best part of that pedal, makes it one of the best made

well TECHNICALLY Premier Guitar and PGS was the first to inform me of its awesomeness...But I'm one who has try it on my own rig, to make any definite decision.

Thanks Dub! Your getting quite the board as well...I've said this on another forum, and YouTube as well, I consider the Green Rhino the ultimate tube-screamer....I've had an TS-9 and TS-808...hated em...sucked all the bass away and just sounded eh, when driving a clean channel...The Green Rhino completely solves this problem with the 100HZ bass boost...The amount of low end you can crank out of this pedal is INSANE, and the curve knob, really adds a nice warm, vintage feel..For the money...and hell just all low to mid gain OD's out there, this wins hands down..I always like to have the four dirt essenitals on my board at all times.. low-mid OD, High gain OD, Distortion, and Fuzz. And Dub, about the EQD stuff, I really dont have a lot of exp. with them. I've heard a few video/sound clips, but actually the only one that held my attention was the Sound Shank..

Love my Green Rhino. It's a great pedal. I agree with you. Hands down it's a great pedal to have on your board.

Archived