Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Eracer_Team

Would you let an artist sign your guitar

Guest BentonC

It already has a signature on it... "Les Paul"

I'm not a fan of someone else signing my guitars, but if you want it, you should get it. [thumbup]

I had Joe sign my Epi JBLP on the body with a black Sharpie. It looks great and should last on the poly finish. Also had my son's pick guard signed with a gold paint Sharpie. It too turned out great. Having the artist sign their signature model just makes sense to me.

That V in my icon is signed by Michael Schenker on the pick guard. But then a V does have a lot more pickguard to sign than a Les Paul.

I thought about it.. and If great player like Stevie Ray Vaughan can have Micky Mantel sign his guitar..

Then a crappy player like me could have a great guitar player sign mine.

(and I can't get Lester to resign mine)

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1184upright.jpg

this past year I have been really lucky and gotten to see some great bands... I got to see Queensryche, Filter, and Avenged Sevenfold... I got Queensryche to sign a POS classical guitar and a Blackstar HT5 amp, Fiter signed a fender strat, and A7X signed an Agile AL2000 gold top... so yes... I would let an artist sign my stuff... its all in great fun... and when I get home I have an uncrowned drum head waiting on me... my man cave is going to look like a flipping museum... yep I am a lucky man!

post-15838-023980400 1303138705_thumb.jpgpost-15838-029777600 1303138729_thumb.jpg

[thumbup] I was honored to have Les Paul sign my 1980 goldtop, it would depend on how much you value the artist - I WOULD have Eddie Van Halen or Ace Frehley sign my guitar(s), but not someone like Brad Whitford, as his autograph dosn't mean anything to me. But - yes, Les's autograph on my Les Paul means the world to me, especially now ! [drool]

Tough question . but --- I think if you can get it authenticated , I would . A picture of Joe holding it with the serial # visable and a picture of him signing it , I would . .... Jerry.