Gibson Brands Forums

NTD.....

bluzhammer

I guess I'm funny that way. I actually like vehicle shopping. My wife absolutely hates it and leaves it completely up to me. As long as we can afford it, she doesn't much care what I come home with. So far she likes my choices.

Well, the old battlewagon finally gave up the ghost and I'm off to purchase a new truck. I would prefer to smash my toe with a hammer than shop for a new vehicle, but seeing how I return to work Thursday night I had better get going here in a bit.[scared]

Where do you live and what do you do that you need a truck? Just curious on people's car choices.

I thought this was new tambourine day...

Drop your silver in my tambourine

Help a poor man fill his pretty dream

Give me pennies I'll take anything

Now listen while I play, play, play...

My green tambourine

Watch the jingle jangle start to chime

Reflections of the music that is mine

When you drop a coin you'll hear it sing

My green tambourine

Drop a dime before I walk away

Any song you want I'll gladly play

Money feeds my music machine

My green tambourine

I thought this was new tambourine day...

Black hearts in effigy

We sing a song that was hated

All dressed in rag and bones

Sharks smell the blood that I'm bleeding

I know there's something wrong

Might take a fire to kill it

Might take a hurricane

Don't know what life that I'm livin

Black tambourine

My baby run to me

She lives in broken down buildings

Can't pay the rent again

These spider webs are my home now

And when the sun is down

We'll shake and rattle our bodies

To keep it warm at night

My tambourine is still shaking

Black tambourine

My green tambourine

My green tambourine

My green tambourine

Black hearts in effigy

We sing a song that was hated

All dressed in rag and bones

Sharks smell the blood that I'm bleeding

I know there's something wrong

Might take a fire to kill it

Might take a hurricane

Don't know what life that I'm livin

Black tambourine

My baby run to me

She lives in broken down buildings

Can't pay the rent again

These spider webs are my home now

And when the sun is down

We'll shake and rattle our bodies

To keep it warm at night

My tambourine is still shaking

Black tambourine

Someone must have had a fun night [biggrin]

Where do you live and what do you do that you need a truck? Just curious on people's car choices.

I live down here in JAWJA, seeing how I'm running a side business ( HVAC repairs ) a truck is in order. In addition to that, the commute up through Atlanta , is more tolerable when you're in a larger vehicle. I just feel safer. The things I have seen...... Actually it hasn't been that bad of an experience so far, seeing how I have done most of the paperwork items here on line. I'm about to leave for the dealership and test drive the one I selected off the dealer website.

I live down here in JAWJA, seeing how I'm running a side business ( HVAC repairs ) a truck is in order. In addition to that, the commute up through Atlanta , is more tolerable when you're in a larger vehicle. I just feel safer. The things I have seen...... Actually it hasn't been that bad of an experience so far, seeing how I have done most of the paperwork items here on line. I'm about to leave for the dealership and test drive the one I selected off the dealer website.

Got rear-ended on I-65 a week or two ago. You have to really, really look hard to see the damage on my F-150 (a pea-sized ding, and a small scratch in the plastic below the trailer hitch). The guy who hit me had a GMC... cantaloupe sized dent around where the license plate would be and the left side of his front bumper looks like his truck had a stroke... I'm guessing around $2k worth of damage.

We'd been looking at something more economical to drive for work, but after that..... no way the wife will let me drive anything smaller :D.

What'd ya get??

Got rear-ended on I-65 a week or two ago. You have to really, really look hard to see the damage on my F-150 (a pea-sized ding, and a small scratch in the plastic below the trailer hitch). The guy who hit me had a GMC... cantaloupe sized dent around where the license plate would be and the left side of his front bumper looks like his truck had a stroke... I'm guessing around $2k worth of damage.

We'd been looking at something more economical to drive for work, but after that..... no way the wife will let me drive anything smaller :D.

What'd ya get??

I ended up purchasing a F-150 XLT. This is the first Ford , I've ever purchased, and I was quite surprised at how relaxed and easy the whole process went.

What'd ya get??

I ended up purchasing a F-150 XLT. This is the first Ford , I've ever purchased, and I was quite surprised at how relaxed and easy the whole process went.

Congrats! My dad as an '03 Ford Excursion, I think he has like 170,000 miles on it and the damn thing runs great. Some minor issues, but easily fixed

My green tambourine

My green tambourine

My green tambourine

-----

Wow, just had a flashback, man. The echo was so cutting edge then...and pretty horrible...even then. But I liked the song. Thanks for the trip back in time.

With re: to vehicle choices. I recently purchased a used 5 year old Acura TL. Runs smooth and handles very very well. I love to take corners in a 90 degree angle.

If I needed a pickup it would be a Ford.

Good luck on dueling with the sales people. Have fun.

Archived