Gibson Brands Forums

Another amazing iPhone app

Duende

My colleague just showed me this app (I am starting to sound like one of this automated spammers....it is me!) called 'The Amazing Slow Downer'! It reduces the speed of the music but keeps the pitch the same although you can also change the key too if you wish.

The sound quality was just great! Imagine all the tracks/solos you want to practice with but that are too fast. It is only 9 quid too!

Matt

I have used this app on PC for a few years. It does work very well. It also allows you to change keys so you don't have to re-tune. Definitely a must have especially if they have an ipad version! Thanks for the info!

Andy

HA, I thought you were going to say the app slows down the iphone altogether... mine is slower than an old lady with a walker.

Do you have tons of running apps in the background? To check, double tap the home button quickly, you'll see a panel at the bottom, which you can swipe from right to left on, and see all your running apps. If there are lots close many of them, by pressing and holding your finger on any app icon to start. Once done you'll see a black circle with a white X in it in the top left corner of each app. By closing them you won't lose any info in them but you will shut them down from running in the background.

My Boss Micro BR-1 handheld recorder does that too, Roland Boss have great programs for that. I haven't used it much lately, maybe I will tonight, hmm.

LOL!!! I have a Boss BR-1 too but have never tried that on it.

Mind you I still want this app as I can use it with my existing computer and do all fancy mobile me stuff LMAO

Matt

LOL!!! I have a Boss BR-1 too but have never tried that on it.

Mind you I still want this app as I can use it with my existing computer and do all fancy mobile me stuff LMAO

Matt

Do you know anything about changing input volume for microphones once the setting has been saved? Initally I plugged in a Shure SM-57 mic using the 1/4 cable, and it asked for settings which I didn't set properly (Because I find it not sensitive at all and kind of quiet for recordings) but I haven't been able to get back to that settings part.

I've read the novel of a manual, but I think I'm missing a step somewhere.

Do you have tons of running apps in the background? To check, double tap the home button quickly, you'll see a panel at the bottom, which you can swipe from right to left on, and see all your running apps. If there are lots close many of them, by pressing and holding your finger on any app icon to start. Once done you'll see a black circle with a white X in it in the top left corner of each app. By closing them you won't lose any info in them but you will shut them down from running in the background.

When I double click the home button, my 'favorites' address book pops up. That is the only result I get. Curious to find out if I have apps running though.

When I double click the home button, my 'favorites' address book pops up. That is the only result I get. Curious to find out if I have apps running though.

What model of iPhone do you have? Also, could you tell me the software version? That's located under Settings/General/About, I think and it should say a software version.

iphone 3, version 4.0.2 (8a400)

Is it jailbroken? If it is you're stuck where you're at software wise, unless you want to update, then go through the process to jailbreak it again.

If it isn't jailbroken, you should connect it to iTunes and update, I think they're up to 4.3 now, though I'm pretty sure you're supposed to have multi tasking as it is.

When I say the home button I mean the circle with the square in it just for clarity's sake.

Not jailbroken, and I know what the home button is. Mac products just don't hold up over time-- designed obsolescence IMO. I'm a cynic so I imagine PCs face a similar conundrum. Corporations just want us to buy! buy! buy!

That is true, but the bottom line here is your multi tasking should be working. No matter where you're at in your device you should be able to very quickly double tap the home button to get the running app list, in rows of 4's along the bottom and sweeping from right to left pages of the open apps.

Hmm..

Oh well I click that button once and I get straight to my app icons in the arrangement you describe. How do I know if they are running?

If they're 4 icons along the bottom then that means they're running. To close running apps simply press and hold your finger on any one of those icons and wait about 3 to 5 seconds. You should see a white X in a black circle in the upper left hand corner of each icon. By clicking that little circle x you'll close the running application.

You shouldn't lose any information that isn't already saved.

When I press the little x my phone says this will delete the app.

Sorry, it should be a red circle with a white line through it, that was my bad, I realized that last night right when I shut my laptop off.

You should see 4 apps along the bottom, the top should be greyed out. Then pressing and holding should reveal a red circle with a white line in it.

Archived