Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Standards

Rokkstar 2210

Hey guys!!!

Ok, first off I'm new to this forum.. [thumbup]

I live in the UAE ..dats in the gulf..I'd like to know the exact price and specs of a 2011 Les Paul Standard...both the gison n epi ones...n if there are any dealers in the middle east

thanks btoth76 and pippy... :D

@ pippy, you see, in the middle east, Gibson Dealers aren't available a lot. I've been searching for 4 years n all i've gotten are cheap epiphones...thats why I asked you guys to help.

Sorry it's so difficult for you out there. Even although London's a bit of a 'closed market' I still forget that we have it so much easier here than most everywhere else outside the USA!

Really hope it pans out well for you!

P.

You are welcome! Here in Hungary the only official dealership stopped selling Gibsons. Now they are selling Ibanez guitars. (Not surprised). Fortunately enough, we have an excellent shop in the capital that's in contact with a dealership in Poland, so they can get everything that's Gibson - if You are patient enough for long delivery times. Good luck with Your purchase!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I went in this forum few times ago to say that I wnted to buy a Les Paul Standard..

This time is going to happen;I'm going to sell a The Paul 1978 sold under the Firebrands logo to finance my deal.

But I have'nt made up my mind between a The PAul Standard 2008 and a Les Paul Standard Traditionnal ..

Any suggestions ?

By advance thanks

Hi everyone,

I have'nt made up my mind between a The PAul Standard 2008 and a Les Paul Standard Traditionnal ..

Any suggestions ?

I take it you mean a Les Paul Standard 2008 and a Les Paul Traditional?

The Trad is generally thought to be most similar to the usual idea of what a Standard should be. The 2008 Standard has a few newer features that some people love and some others hate.

I'd very strongly suggest you try out several examples of each if that's possible where you live. The two types feel quite different - especially when played 'worn on a strap' as opposed to 'when seated'. As a general rule the Standard will be quite a bit lighter than the Traditional as it is Chambered rather than Weight-Relieved. Check to see which of the two types balances better for you. The 2008 also has an unusual type of locking jack-socket that, again, some like and others don't.

Each model has it's supporters. You will simply just have to find which type you prefer.

Other than the issue of weight they are quite similar in specifications.

Good luck.

P.

Archived