Gibson Brands Forums

The "Royale" guitars

Supersonic

Hoho, mes amis --- so now we know ze truth, non? "Royale" is French for "IwannabeaFalcon."

Head On!

Still… nothing wrong with wanting to be a Falcon, they look awesome (haven't played one… not even seen one IRL). The swingster is a Gretsch straight rip off in my opinion… still, from what I've heard it's a great guitar so I don't mind

I think I am in love.... again. Been telling my wife about the White Falcon as I have a Birthday comming up, or the Green Irish being a U2 fan, but these may satisfy the GAS. She will be none pleased however as I just picked up the Red P93. I can hear her now "Another Guitar, they are all the same and you can't paly them at the same time!"

Still working on looping each guitar to prove her wrong.

I've been my thinking about my next guitar being a Wildkat (not like I need another guitar) but now that I've seen this, there's no doubt about it! Can't wait to test drive one. Maybe we can get Jim (Midiman) to give one a whirl when they hit the GC???

Of the four offered I prefer the looks of the Swingster and the Wildkat, but then the Riviera P-93 Royale looks nice..... not sure how they compare for playability....I would like to see the Sheraton offered..but then my head would explode....I hate it when that happens...

Archived