Gibson Brands Forums

LONG wait on Les Paul 60's reissue

SongRider

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing yet. This is the same debacle as the 50's tributes they "blamed" on the flood.

The flood was very real, as was the damage and recovery.

Pehaps it shouldn't still be a reason for delayed shipping, but believe it certainly was at one point.

gibsonflood.jpg

The flood was very real, as was the damage and recovery.

Pehaps it shouldn't still be a reason for delayed shipping, but believe it certainly was at one point.

gibsonflood.jpg

Try waiting 3 years for a Rickenbacker.

Craig

Here we go around again.

None of the above has a damn thing to do with the issue at hand.

For those that Pre-Ordered

It very rarely ever works out that you get the guitar on time or even at all as you give up because it seems never ending.

I'm a left handed player and I stick to the rule that if it aint in stock then search all the other retailers until you find one in stock. Could you imagine me waiting for Gibson to make a back order lefty?

Also what happens if the guitar finally arrives and its a runt from the batch? I learnt my lesson buying guitars without playing them first. Now I am prepaired to travel to find the right Gibson for me as its alot of money and were not talking Squire strats.

Maybe its just me and being a lefty is already hard enough finding the right guitar but I enjoy the chase!

I don't mind waiting. I really don't. I just want SOME assurance that the guitars I've ordered will actually show up eventually.

And yeah Chan, WTF does a flood from a year ago have to do with the production of a model that wasn't even announced until, what, 7 months later?

Just got an email from MF about the new Melody Makers. I'd order one or two, but I have no faith that Gibson actually intends to build them or ship them to dealers in the numbers promised.

Did those eventually show up or did a lot of preorders go unfulfilled?

I eventually wound up with a 50's honey burst from Musician's Friend that was a cancellation. AMS cancelled 3 Gold Top orders on me, and said it was a glitch in the system as to why they kept showing back up on their site.

I really don't mind waiting for a pre-order, but don't post an "available date" on your site when you don't really know when they will be available. Now AMS says JUNE for the GT orders. Funny thing is they are making these guitars. There have been a handfull in all colors except GT actually available on their site, then they sell out, and pre order more. NO GT's made it to AMS yet. I was told I am one of the first orders since I placed my order in January.

I learnt my lesson buying guitars without playing them first. Now I am prepaired to travel to find the right Gibson for me as its alot of money and were not talking Squire strats.

Maybe its just me and being a lefty is already hard enough finding the right guitar but I enjoy the chase!

THIS, oh my GAWD this. I played every instrument I own before buying it, and I've had no disappointments.

Coincidence?? I think not....

THIS, oh my GAWD this. I played every instrument I own before buying it, and I've had no disappointments.

Coincidence?? I think not....

Keep poking folks in the eye.

It'll make them like you.

So you haven't had to wait for a guitar - and receive little or no info.

What's that got to do with this?

Mail order is a marketing channel that seems to work for both the manufacturer and more than a few buyers - in fact, if you want any one of the many hyped-up pseudo-limited-edition pieces, it's the only option for lots of people.

Seems to me, somebody, somewhere ought to be able to tell a prospective purchaser (who has placed a legitimate order with an authorized seller) just when they might expect to actually see it.

Who mentioned anything about being unsatisfied with a guitar they bought without playing it? The problem is that we're having trouble getting our hands on them to play in the first place.

Personally, given the return policies of the big guitar e-tailers, I have no problem with mail order. Especially with an instrument I can't find locally. If I don't like it, I can send it back. Or, with this model, flip it on eBay. Of course, that requires that I actually GET one in the first place. Something that AMS seems happy to pretend might happen, without any evidence to support their position.

I timed it just right with AMS getting my honeyburst 60's tribute.... they just happened to update the website with the honeyburst being available shortly before I called. they also had ebony. I called AMS tonight to try and order a Goldtop and was told they had 141 pre-orders already pending and that I couldn't even pre-order one at this point. very frustrating, but an obvious testament to just what a great value these are!

post-32548-094110200 1302677793_thumb.jpg

I have had nothing but good luck dealing with AMS....I've gotten great deals on ALL of my guitars that I bought from there..BUT..just like anywhere else online, never trust the date they say there gonna get it in....Always try to find someplace that already has it in-stock or you will usually be waiting for quite a while..You can always get a refund, or cancel the hold on your deposit.

I love AMS... I have always done good business there. Its not thier fault. I will hold out till it arrives. Just upset with Gibson because twice a week they are sending me information about all the "NEW" guitars they got and are wanting to sell and they wont make the ones that are already sold. Just aint good business.

Keep poking folks in the eye.

It'll make them like you.

So you haven't had to wait for a guitar - and receive little or no info.

What's that got to do with this?

Mail order is a marketing channel that seems to work for both the manufacturer and more than a few buyers - in fact, if you want any one of the many hyped-up pseudo-limited-edition pieces, it's the only option for lots of people.

Seems to me, somebody, somewhere ought to be able to tell a prospective purchaser (who has placed a legitimate order with an authorized seller) just when they might expect to actually see it.

Why the personal attacks? I've told you Gibson should be able to give you an answer...

Did you ever contact Gibson Customer support? 1 800 4 Gibson. or Service@Gibson.com, but I prefer the phone, as it's harder to ignore.

Don't be such a ****.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like this one is going sort of like it did for the 50's Tribute (minus the flood). Check the 100 plus page thread we had on those (many of you were part of that thread as well). Some got lucky and got them early. Seems not to have as much to do with when you ordered, as where you ordered.

I'd suggest this, listen to where others say they are picking them up, then actively seek out that retailer's stock. My 50's GT was ordered from GC last June, arrived in November. By then, I'd already bought a Honeyburst (pre-flood, in stock Sam Ash Direct) and a Gold Top (had just arrived Sam Ash New York). I read about both of these being available on this and MLP Forums (one each). Trying to return the favor, I encouraged many to try their local retailers (incl. Sam Ash) and even contact non-locals (most stores are happy to ship to you). Since these are out there, I'd suggest you do the same now (rather than be left waiting, getting canceled orders as so many did with the 50's). Or having to post beefs here (it's more fun to find one and play when possible!).

yes it seems that AMS got their first shipment of the GT in... mine was shipped and is due to arrive to my house Friday... I am very anxious as this is my first true Gibson...

Let us know how it turns out for you. You definetly deserve it! Mine is sheduled to be delivered on Monday 5/9

Archived