Gibson Brands Forums

LP vs. LP heads up battle...round 1

Tim Plains

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you're right. Once a thread hits the second page it's gone forever.

I have a feeling it'll stick around for awhile. It's just that after a month, there's only so much you can say about two guitars. Even two as nice as those.

Just for fun, go back 30 days and see what the big topics were back then. You probably barely remember this thread..

http://forums.gibson.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=5837

That was harsh ' date=' I'm a sweet kind gentle soul with nothing but adoration for Timbo and his beautiful pieces of art.

I f I were to say something nice about him the alter universe would collide and good would become evil and vice versa ...

[img']http://forum.gibson.com/public/style_emoticons/default/eusa_doh.gif[/img]

That was harsh?

No it wasnt.

Flight959

Beauties guys! Both are really nice (drool makers). That first pic of the Slash is some great photography, subject

included. That gloss is really deep! For me a guitar w / that kind of gloss would just sit in the case. What if it got a

fingerprint...WTF...? I'm not bagging on it, I love that guitar, it's just that I've had that happen to me. You

know, realize the pretty one never comes out to play anymore. Even so, that Slash is Killer!

As for the R8, I gotta go w/ that one for my vote. I'm a sucker for any nice Plaintop but Bourbon-Brock Burst happens

to be one of my favorite colors. Pickup covers on.. check. VOS... check. Even though hi-gloss generally does look better,

especially in photos, I'm definitely more attracted to a VOS. Never liked super shiny hardware, hate shiny pickups!

Good luck contestants!

Tough contest... Both are equally gorgeous but I love the Slash tobacco burst finish.... So the vote goes to Flight959... If only the contest could go further to sound with the same amp and player.

Thanks!

Hey Tim.... What Amp you got!eusa_whistle.gif

Flight959

Just for fun' date=' go back 30 days and see what the big topics were back then. You probably barely remember this thread..

http://forums.gibson.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=5837[/quote']

No kidding! I'm the one that started that thread and even I don't remember it. [-(

I f I were to say something nice about him the alter universe would collide and good would become evil and vice versa ...

If Axe said anything nice about me...anything' date=' I'd say he's off his meds...O:)

Hey Tim.... What Amp you got!eusa_whistle.gif

What amp, you say? O:)

They are both incredibly nice pieces and would be proud to own either one .

As sick to death as as I am of the whole Slash thing , flights guitar is stuning .

If I was to make a personal purchase it would have to be Timbo's "R"...

Even though he's a d*ck ...eusa_doh.gif

They are both incredibly nice pieces and would be proud to own either one .

As sick to death as as I am of the whole Slash thing ' date=' flights guitar is stuning .

If I was to make a personal purchase it would have to be Timbo's "R"...

Even though he's a d*ck ...[-( [/quote']

LMFAO...eusa_clap.gif

So, what do you guys think...are we going to have more competitions, or will this be the first and only one?

Right now, it's Flight - 20, Tim - 13.

I see what I need to do here. Create several new profiles and vote several times for my guitar until I take the lead.

Just kidding, I wouldn't do that...or would I? ;) =P~

I haven't voted yet because I'm trying to keep an open mind. Though, I am partial to the R8 - and since Tim is behind I just might toss my vote that way to tighten things up a bit.

Are you guys really keeping this open for a month?

As for having more after this - absolutely. This thread has been a lot of fun. I've come back to it a few times just to look at the pictures.

So' date=' what do you guys think...are we going to have more competitions, or will this be the first and only one[/quote']

Well, as of tomorrow I'll be able to throw my hat in the ring. Depending on the final outcome of this round, it would either be canuck on canuck violence or I could avenge Tim's defeat.

Archived