Gibson Brands Forums

Dude

Silenced Fred

this forum blows chunks. I actually had to play my guitar today. I saw a friend and she said to play her a song. I couldn't pull the old "I spent $50,000 on guitars and amps, but I don't have $100 for a recording program and mic so I can't..."

It sucks! You don't know what I've been through

I had to play a real song, I couldn't just talk about how cool my gear was, what gear I wanted next, etc.

Seriously, help me help you

this forum blows chunks. I actually had to play my guitar today. I saw a friend and she said to play her a song. I couldn't pull the old "I spent $50,000 on guitars and amps, but I don't have $100 for a recording program and mic so I can't..."

It sucks! You don't know what I've been through

I had to play a real song, I couldn't just talk about how cool my gear was, what gear I wanted next, etc.

Seriously, help me help you

It sucks! You don't know what I've been through.

Don't they teach you anything at school? What about the old "I'd love to serenade you, babe, but unfortunately I have three bad splinters in my fretting fingers from woodwork class..."

It's never worked for anyone I've ever met but there has to be a first time for everything!

And I do have an idea of what you're going through. About six months after I started playing guitar, when in my mid-teens, a rather attractive lass I fancied was around my house and was really excited when she saw my guitar and amp. "Do you play guitar!?" she enthused. Putting on my most suave James Bond act I answered "Why, but of course...". "OOOH! Please, please Please! Can you play "Samba Pa Ti" for me???

That was that dream over...

Bloody Santana. Ruin my love-life why don't you?

P.

Yeah man, people just can't appreiciate how much time and efffort we spend on tone.

She asked if I has Sl00sht00ne and I told her I top wrapped, took the pickguard off, started doing drugs and bought the hat. Then she said that Justin Bieber had Sl00sht00ne and was actually a better guitarist. I insulted her entire family before realizing I wasn't on the Internet and she could hit me in real life. I got the banhammer thrown down guys, the banhammer :'(

Don't they teach you anything at school? What about the old "I'd love to serenade you, babe, but unfortunately I have three bad splinters in my fretting fingers from woodwork class..."

It's never worked for anyone I've ever met but there has to be a first time for everything!

And I do have an idea of what you're going through. About six months after I started playing guitar, when in my mid-teens, a rather attractive lass I fancied was around my house and was really excited when she saw my guitar and amp. "Do you play guitar!?" she enthused. Putting on my most suave James Bond act I answered "Why, but of course...". "OOOH! Please, please Please! Can you play "Samba Pa Ti" for me???

That was that dream over...

Bloody Santana. Ruin my love-life why don't you?

P.

I actually know how to play Samba Pa Ti, the only Santana song I really like.

but back on topic, d00d, I told you how br00tal I was and I would love to, but my friend was borrowing my guitar, so I couldn't. When she pointed to it on the wall, I was like "**** that always works on the forums"

Then she asked what songs I knew, and I said I could play eruption twice as fast as EVH then she said "cool show me"

bluff called.

This real life thing sucks. Internet BSing is so much easier [crying]

I actually know how to play Samba Pa Ti, the only Santana song I really like.

I'd give you her number but you must bear in mind she'll be about 50 years old nowadays......

LOL!

P.

Archived