Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson USA Anniversary Flood Les Paul Studio

daveinspain

I like these too. But:

"arguably the most legendary hardware partnership in the history of the electric guitar." [unsure]

I wasn't aware that any hardware partnership anywhere ever rose to the level of legendary :-k

Kinda cool in a Late 80's Jackson (or Applause) sort of way. However, is it just me or does celebrating the anniversary of a terrible disaster seem a little out of touch. I'm way over here on the west coast so I might not really get the sentiment, but I can tell you that a guitar celebrating the 1971 Sylmar Quake would not have been that well received in 1972. [confused]

Another Gibson revolution. Oh wait, Jackson has been using that finish on their budget guitars for years :rolleyes:

Still ugly as ****

Yeah and Jackson originally stole ideas from other Superstrat makers in till bought by fender.

:D

Another Gibson revolution. Oh wait, jackson has been using that finish on their budget guitars for years :rolleyes:

Still ugly as ****

/chuckle

It's just a color option. Holy sh!t... do folks give you such crap everytime you play a "c" chord???

"Another Fred C chord. Oh wait... Sl00sh has been playing C chords for years...."

[lol]

31z6l3Qon5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Kinda cool in a Late 80's Jackson (or Applause) sort of way. However, is it just me or does celebrating the anniversary of a terrible disaster seem a little out of touch. I'm way over here on the west coast so I might not really get the sentiment, but I can tell you that a guitar celebrating the 1971 Sylmar Quake would not have been that well received in 1972. [confused]

Hahaha....it's a term they threw on there to jack the price up a lil more. I want the blue one. Bad.

They should have added $50. and binding. It would have looked a lot cooler.

if they added binding they would've jacked up the price another $600, not $50.... plus, it is a "studio" model, not a "standard"....

but yea, i agree. binding would look awesome on it!! i honestly think body AND fretboard binding makes every guitar look better....

Archived