Gibson Brands Forums

So what's up fpr the weekend?

daveinspain

Guest FarnsBarns

Defo getting pissed this weekend, I deserve it. It was my brothers birthday yesterday so a trip down there tonight, with beer in hand and my wife driving is in order.

Tomorrow I am playing guitar and working on my studio setup.

On Sunday I'm playing disc golf, then off to the inlaws (outlaws, as I call them) for a roast and a banjo jam with my father in law.

Guest FarnsBarns

looks like ill be cleaning more snow 12"+ today

Do you get dirty snow?

Don't go where the huskies go!

Nothin' goin on with me except my son's first lacrosse game of the year on Saturday.

Man 2010 was about the busiest year ever for me as far as playing out. So far 2011 is shaping up to be a huge dud. For various reasons, all the bands I play with are stagnating. :-({|=

Beer and barbecued hamburgers and beer tonight.

Maybe a couple of beers after that.

Might start modifying the mancave into more of a music venue rather than a sports bar/music room/theatre. I want to dedicate a much larger portion of the building just to guitars, amps and assorted goodies.

Guest FarnsBarns

lol should have been clearing snow. and yes snow is dirty especially this time of year.

so thats not lemon flavored [thumbdn]

It is really, try it, it's delicious. Mmmm, yellow Sl00sh.

Anyone doing anything interesting?

My itinerary just for you Dave baby!!!

Tonight

5-7 teach and then up to local Cons Club which the downstairs is our local pub. I will play pool and practice my guitar in between games!

Saturday

9-2 teach and then use my 50 percent off vouchers for a huge pizza hut lunch, then just staying in and watching the football all day!!! evening may go to friends house and jam if he hasn't to be at work (he is a nurse)

Sunday (mothers day)

Cooking pizza and pasta for my old ma and then in the evening watching alien and ufo stuff on cable LMAO

Hey Dave, Well to tell the truth I'm being retired from my job of 27 years of takeing care of the Navy and being moved with my full pay to Metro Security. Monday will be my First day in the guard shack. I keep my third shift position, but I won't be out in the Yard anymore. I go from shop 55 to shop 2. Since last year messing up my knees in falls. I've been having some slow down in my work walking ships and piers all night. The last guard got himself fired so my boss asked since I've been with the company for so long with a spotless record if I wanted the position. I told him I wanted to talk it over with my wife. When I told her, she jumped in my arms gave me a kiss and said if I didn;t take it she was leaving me.(She's been thru a lot having to stand by while I had two back surgerys to keep me from being parolized). So I took the posistion and am training a person to take my place.Also with me working the same shift I can help him if he get's into something he doesn't know about. :rolleyes:[thumbup]

Nothing special until possibly Sunday. My sons' drummer has asked the three of us to go over his parents house and jam. They have been a band for about 6-months now and his parents have never met my sons'.

Not sure how this will go since the drummer's set is at my house (band practice every Sunday). Maybe he'll come over and get his drums and we folow him with our equipment. Just got to convince the wife to let us use her SUV to get our equipment there.

Saturday is the joint 40th birthdays of a couple we've known for 5 years ever since our respective daughters first started Nursery school (Kindergarten?) at age 1. As a family they've since become some of our closest friends - both the parents with us and their daughter with ours. We're all going out for some slap-up nose-bag with oodles of Champagne so it should be a Grand Day Out.

Sunday we're entertaining some very long-term friends who are over visiting us (in London) from New Jersey! They've expressed a desire to visit London Zoo so 'Their Wish is Our Command' and all that. Chloe (our 6-y-old) has never been so it can't possibly fail (he said, tempting Fate...).

P.

Going to clean my room from top to bottom tomorrow morning, and spend the whole weekend with Catcher in The Rye, To Have and Have Not, and a few other books.

With a guitar of course.

Going to be nice n relaxing.

On a side note just sent off for my passport, I'll be going to Guatemala in June to build houses and other such activities.

Picking up my Gibby doubleneck from my Luthier. I had monster frets installed to to the six string board. Also he did a cmplete set-up and full polish and touched up a few chips.

Is that the one that belonged to your brother, which you rescued from your mom's attic?

BTW, did you ever get her attic cleared out?

Me?

Grocery shopping on Friday, house work on Saturday, Supper with our oldest and his family. THen Sunday, with all the kids to celebrate son #2's birthday. If I have time I'll rotate the yard barn.

Archived