Gibson Brands Forums

Lets Talk About GAS

neilpanda

. . . . . Strymon just released the new Lex Rotary Speaker Emulator and it sounds amazing. It's givin me some major GAS. I love those slow sounds. . . . . .

Dub -

That's got some killer sounds. We were just discussion the old Hammond B3 (with the rotation on the speaker) on another thread.

I may be hooked. . . B)

<>edit<> - Arrrgh ! . . . . Went to order one and found this -

Sorry to those that missed out... we sold through this build very quickly. We're working very hard to build more Lex Rotary pedals. Thanks for your patience!!

- The Strymon team

Major GAS ](*,)

Big Kahune they already sold out the first batch 3 hours after the release so if you want one I'm not sure how long it will be before they're available again. I can tell you that if it's anything like the El Capistan it is well worth the time and money.

<>edit<> - Arrrgh ! . . . . Went to order one and found this -

Sorry to those that missed out... we sold through this build very quickly. We're working very hard to build more Lex Rotary pedals. Thanks for your patience!!

- The Strymon team

Major GAS ](*,)

Yeah they sold out fast. Strymon is huge on TGP and pedal forums.

Can you still place an order and wait for it to be build? That's what I would do. Also, they're giving one away on their facebook page. It's worth a try!

I'm gonna be jealous!

... Can you still place an order and wait for it to be build? ...

They don't appear to be setup of for that on the Strymon site. They setup a email list which I signed onto. I'm gonna call Monday.

And Dub - thanks for the pointer on that.

Yes, that Strymon Pedal is very nice.......I can do the same effects with my GT-10, but, of course it's nice

to be able to also just use a couple boutique pedals in a row.....Great post Dub....[thumbup] ...

As for that Rosewood Tele, duh, super GAS.................[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ..............

I've had incurable GAS since i got my 2nd guitar at 12 years old in 1966 and now have 29 stringed instruments (26 guitars)and 13 amps plus an assortment of vintage and newer effects.Yester I was taken with a bad case of A.S.S.-Amp Aquisition Syndrome and bought a used Marshall MG 412 A cabinet to put between my 1960B cabinet and my '83 JCM 800 2204 amp.What a sweet sound that stack makes now.My G.A.S. has progressed to the point that my 10X10 music room is blocked and now I have to switch spaces and use my 14X20 rec room as my music room.I have major GAS and I'll probably go to my grave with it-are there any luthiers in Heaven I wonder?

Gassin' for this these days.

Line6_floorboard.jpg

I've got one of those. Bought it in 2000 when the first pod came out. Use it every week and works perfectly. Rare booger but you can still find them. Surprised brand new they fetch a pretty penny, but worth it. Cool if you get it! The wah is totally underrated. It rocks.

Archived