Gibson Brands Forums

Please help DESPERATE

Jose999

Isn't the EJ-200/VS an Epiphone guitar?

According to the serial, the guitar was made in Korea in March of 1995. It's a super jumbo acoustic with maple body, spruce top, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, King inlays, gold hardware, 648mm scale, 42.6mm nut width.

Isn't the EJ-200/VS an Epiphone guitar?

According to the serial, the guitar was made in Korea in March of 1995. It's a super jumbo acoustic with maple body, spruce top, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, King inlays, gold hardware, 648mm scale, 42.6mm nut width.

its definatly a gibson not a epiphone prehaps j 200

JUST SORTING THAT OUT NOW ON THE GOOSE NECK IT CLEARLY IS A GIBSON AND THE LABEL INSIDE THE SOUND HOLE IS NOT AN EPIPHONE LABEL BUT A LABEL STATING MODEL EJ 200/VS AND SERIAL NUMBER 3 95030086 or 3 95030066 with "quality since 1910" at top of label...I HAVE SEEN THE EPIPHONE LABELS BEFORE FOR SIMILIAR GUITARS AND DEFINATLY ISNT A EPIPHONE I WILL HAVE PICTURES IN 5MINS POSTED

Follow the directions here - http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/11005-sticky-how-to-post-photos/

Photobucket.com has free picture hosting accounts. Sign up. Then upload a your pics. Copy the direct link for the pic in photobucket to the "insert image" tool on the toolbar of the post editor on the Gibson forum.

The more people that see the images, the more info you'll get on your guitar.

I see a couple of issues - the headstock logo inlay, the headstock appears to be stained (not an overly), it has a 3 screw truss rod cover, and seeing the back through the sound hole it looks like plywood - probably not a genuine Gibson.

Maybe someone else will chime in with better news.

I see a couple of issues - the headstock logo inlay, the headstock appears to be stained (not an overly), it has a 3 screw truss rod cover, and seeing the back through the sound hole it looks like plywood - probably not a genuine Gibson.

Maybe someone else will chime in with better news.

thankyou really appreciate your help, hopefully some1 does chime in with good news

cheers

(same in the other thread as well)

Is the serial number stamped into the back of the headstock?

I see a number of things that don't look correct for a Gibson SJ-200 and do look correct for an Epiphone EJ-200.

Did you just purchase the guitar, or are you looking to purchase it? If you haven't bought it i would recommend that you pass.

Here's a pic of an Epiphone EJ-200 from the web to compare yours too, there are a lot of similarities.

As mentioned before Epiphone makes an EJ-200, a Gibson guitar is a SJ-200 and i do not think this is a Gibson.

big%20epi%20ej200DSCN8899.jpg

Well, you can email Gibson Customer Service with the serial number and ask them to verify it, but I'm betting they won't find it. The logo on the headstock looks wrong, very crude. Is it inlaid or painted on? And the label is not one I've ever seen (doesn't mean it's not real, but I don't think so). Other differences have already been pointed out. My guess would be it's an Asian knockoff. Usually, the 3 screw truss rod cover is a good indication it's not real, though I understand there are a few exceptions to that. Hope you didn't pay too much.

D.

Archived