Gibson Brands Forums

What video software does everyone use?

BluesKing777

I don't want to hog the forum, but I have loaded the links to a couple of videos I made, and after fiddling around for hours I am a bit annoyed and wondering what everyone else uses to record video and edit.

I recorded my videos on my Sony Bloggie which is pretty foolproof. I did half a dozen tunes in minutes, and then got stuck on windows p.c. using Nero for hours trying to load the vids to youtube.

My trusty ole imac has admitted that it is too old to process HD movies, and would like to take 5 hours to render the vid to something it can handle. I used to use a tape style video camera and 'capture' to the mac before editing. (A few years ago I taught myself video editing, photoshop for photo editing, cubase for music editing etc. etc and I am still trying to learn that Gary Davis tune I started at the same time....).

But until I buy another Mac, I am stuck editing on a work p.c.. I bought Nero after previously spending hours editing in the Sony Bloggie software only to find when the video was loaded to Youtube, the Bloggie software send the full unedited file. Now I find with Nero a few other problems, like waiting for a video to download to Youtube, only to find the sound wasn't included. Great!

So, most of my Youtube videos show me turning the camera off at the end!!!

I know it is not Gibson guitars or playing, but without the ole vid camera we would not see any of the weird and wonderful....

Regards BK.

Hey there!

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 for all my recording and editing needs. Although I tried to learn it myself, which made things difficult, the program is somewhat complicated and requires a lot of power. It sucks up all my cpu and ram. BUT, it lets me do interesting things. Just a few days ago, I put two chairs next to one another and set the camera up so that both of them were visible. First, I recorded the rhythm part of the song sitting on one chair, then recorded the solo part sitting on the other chair. After that I merged both videos and it looked like there were two of me playing the song.

I haven't had any problems with uploading videos on youtube or anything like that. The only problem is the amount of resources it uses. When I have done all the editing, I click export and just go get something to eat while it tries to put the video together.

I don't want to hog the forum, but I have loaded the links to a couple of videos I made, and after fiddling around for hours I am a bit annoyed and wondering what everyone else uses to record video and edit.

I use Sony's Vegas...almost every day....

Hey BluesKing, I spent some money on a good, simple to use, Leica digital camera that also does video clips in HD. The video clips are done as .MOV files and I used Mpeg Streamclip to edit them. Mpeg Streamclip is a program that comes with the Mac OS, you should have it in your doc. This program also lets you pick your in and out spots and saves the file in different formates if you need to, the covertion is ver fast and clean. Load a .MOV file and save it as a .AVI no problem, no quality loss...

leica-d-lux-4-lg.jpg

leica-dlux4-safari.jpg

Archived