Gibson Brands Forums

Nes Es-335 here....

Johnhw

Hi all,

I have done a few posts and had 335 coipies before. Just put my two sons through weddings in the same month! Needed a change and had had a ES-335 satin black on hold at my local store. Sold my Martin...paid off the 335. So glad I finally got the original...Plays and sustains great. My teacher played it Saturday during my lesson. he's so good he an make anything sound good but wow...really showed me what this instrument is capable of doing. Anyway, a new Gibby owner here and lov'in life.

Congrats all around. I am seriously thinking about selling all the stuff I don't play like my PRS, Big Baby. Etc and

buying the only guitar I have ever really wanted....A block, cherry 335. I can afford the Dot but I really want

the block. Oh yea ,welcome and post some pics

Thanks for the kudos...maybe we're not such a close group here on the Gibson forum...

Been playing few hours a night since I got it. I have found that strapping it on makes a different to practice with that large a body, for me anyway. I have a Rivera amp, so it's a good combo. Best of luck finding your dream guitar. That's what I did too...just went ahead and traded away. It's my only guitar now, period. I will pick up another Martin for acoustic probably, and just be down to one of each....but nice one's of each.

Thanks again and good luck finding your block...

It took me about 18 years to get mine. The funny thing was I had it at my house for 4 years and hardly played it.

It belonged to a good friend and I had it while he went through a long and messy divorce. Unfortunately it did not play or sound very good. It was a 1990 in Ebony. Jump ahead to 2007, and his health is not good, and he had to leave the work force early. To give him some needed cash I offered to buy the guitar. Knowing a little more about them I had it set up by a professional, and what a difference. It had never been properly set up and intonated.

Now it is the best guitar I own. I just love it. Of course it is aboslutley mint because it was hardly played.

One thing I tried was a set of 9.5 D'Addario strings. I really like the feel of them and they are between a nine and a 10 but work really well on this guitar.

Archived