Gibson Brands Forums

alexi laiho...

S t e v e

Ok Steve, you'll be mad at me lol......

He's such a technical player IMO...doesn't play from the heart. He's good at what he does but honestly, if it isn't from the heart then it's not worth doing. I rather hear three notes than a hundred in a minute if it's from the heart. Gary Moore played from the heart, that's what gets to people.

Anybody can play guitar, but no one can capture the passion from one's heart :)

Yeah, he's good. Admittedly I've never been a huge fan of melodeath/power death, but at the same time I can definitely understand the appeal. I just feel like it takes both of the genre's main influences (death metal and NWOBHM, mostly) and brings them in a direction that really doesn't appeal to me beyond something I can listen to every now and then. I also am not saying that I can't handle melodic death metal bands like COB, At the Gates, In Flames, later Carcass (and I loved early Carcass, from back when they were a grindcore band) etc. All I'm saying is that if I were given a choice where I had to pick between COB and Morbid Angel...

On that note, yeah, Alexi is a good lead guitarist, for sure. His playing fits his band's style perfectly. [thumbup]

Here's some Trey Azagthoth:

[biggrin]

Yeah, he's good. Admittedly I've never been a huge fan of melodeath/power death, but at the same time I can definitely understand the appeal. I just feel like it takes both of the genre's main influences (death metal and NWOBHM, mostly) and brings them in a direction that really doesn't appeal to me beyond something I can listen to every now and then. I also am not saying that I can't handle melodic death metal bands like COB, At the Gates, In Flames, later Carcass (and I loved early Carcass, from back when they were a grindcore band) etc. All I'm saying is that if I were given a choice where I had to pick between COB and Morbid Angel...

On that note, yeah, Alexi is a good lead guitarist, for sure. His playing fits his band's style perfectly. [thumbup]

Here's some Trey Azagthoth:

[biggrin]

That trade off solo in the start is perfect, Trey is really one of a kind. Cant wait for the new record!

Ok Steve, you'll be mad at me lol......

He's such a technical player IMO...doesn't play from the heart. He's good at what he does but honestly, if it isn't from the heart then it's not worth doing. I rather hear three notes than a hundred in a minute if it's from the heart. Gary Moore played from the heart, that's what gets to people.

Anybody can play guitar, but no one can capture the passion from one's heart :)

scott, when i buy these albums or go to these gigs...i don't want to hear playing "from the heart" [biggrin]

Eh hes alright, his style is quite common. If you listen to alot of metal music you would see what i mean.

+1

As cool as he is, there are a ton of famous guitarists that sound just like him, and he sounds like them.

Whatever makes you happy Steve. If we all had the same taste in music, I wouldn't get to argue

Have fun at your concert and don't get anyone pregnant

Archived