Gibson Brands Forums

A few things happened to me....

larryp58

Last night I met my oldest son in Greensboro, NC to attend a Glenn Beck show. Very interesting show to say the least! Anyway, a new Guitar Center has opened up close by so I dropped in to check it out and maybe pick a few Gibbys. Only four Gibson acoustics in the whole store. So I started with a MC J-45 Standard. Nice tone, just "tinny" sounding. Clearly this guitar just needs some fresh air and needs to be played. The next two guitars were SongWriters. Both of these guitars sounded just as you would expect. Really great tone. At first glance I could tell these were the two Gibbys everyone has been grabbing to play. Fingerprints and smudges all over both of them! I was like, c'mon people, wipe the guitars down after you play them! The best sounding Gibby in the room was the last one I played. An Advanced Jumbo. First strum and this guitar stood head and shoulders over everything else in the Acoustic Room. Bar none! Man, what a cannon! I almost left with it! I immediately thought of TaylorPlayer and his guitar strap that I want!!! So anyway, it was late last night when I got home, only to get a message from my other band members. We had been invited to a local radio station to be interviewed and to play live on the air for about 45 minutes. So I crawled out of bed this morning from a late night out and played at the radio station this morning. What a cool time that was! I really enjoyed that experience. I told the DJ that I felt like the Soggy Bottom Boys singin' in "that yonder can"! Well, that's my last 24 hours! Don't want to bore ya'll, but just had to tell somebody what a blast I had! Peace out!

It seems that any mention of Beer or Jim Beam was omitted from your story????....lol.....sounds like a good time was had by one and all......AJ's rock!!

Hey Wiley! Not a big drinker, but I'm always up for a shot or two of Old #7 Jack!!! (especially before a gig!) And yes, that AJ blew me away! Got me thinkin'....!

How cool.... I recall as a little kid goin' with my dad to a radio station so he, (and I think my Aunt), could sing and play live on the air. Guess it used to be pretty common.

Bravo..... would love to find "THAT" guitar in a GC sometime!

Hey Wiley! Not a big drinker, but I'm always up for a shot or two of Old #7 Jack!!! (especially before a gig!) And yes, that AJ blew me away! Got me thinkin'....!

Personally out of THC clouds, but with your comment on the spoon-player thread in mind, wondered : Did Backlash ever light up the ganja ?

I was in GC Friday and went into the acoustic room to try out some small body travel guitar. Next thing you know and I'm in the room with

their premium guitars. There were 2 SWD Standards, while beautiful, didn't sound nearly as nice as my Studio, whew.

They had a J45 and it also sounded tinny. Another guy picked up a AJ and he was facing away from me and when he hit that 1st cord

I was blown away! It was one of the best sounding acoustics I've heard in a long time. As you would expect, it was even that much better when I got in front of it.

Archived