Gibson Brands Forums

Lost My Hero Today

cookieman15061

Well guys earlier today around 3 am my father passed away. He'd been pretty much bedridden since October when a bad fall put him in the hospital. He was then in rehab until we brought him home in mid February. Mom took care of him everyday for about 7 weeks until he took a turn for the worse last week.

He suffered from congestive heart failure, diabetes and had an arthritic knee and hip but exercised his arms and legs in bed hoping against odds to walk again.

He died peacefully with his family at his bedside.

He was my Hero.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cookieman,

Your sentiment for your father brought a tear to my eye. It sounds like you had a wonderful relationship and he set a great example for you. Truly sorry for your loss. Made me think of this...

At Age 4 "My dad can do anything."

At Age 7 "My dad knows a lot, a whole lot!"

At Age 14 "How could I ever expect dad to understand this?"

At Age 19 "My old man just isn't with it!"

At Age 30 "I've got to find out what dad thinks about this."

At Age 40 "Before we decide, let's get dad's idea first."

At Age 60 "My dad knew literally everything."

At Age 65 "How I wish I could talk it over with dad just once more."

Sincere Regards,

Andy

I just want to say and remind you what a lucky man you are to be able to say what you did about your father. I'm guessing you came out ahead because of him, and I bet he came out ahead because of you.

Not happy time perhaps, but you are golden, God bless you and thanks for sharing that here.

There's never a 'good' way to lose someone but I hope the fact that you were all there with him will be some comfort in the days to come.

His suffering is over and nothing can take away the memories. He'll always be your hero.

Well guys earlier today around 3 am my father passed away. He'd been pretty much bedridden since October when a bad fall put him in the hospital. He was then in rehab until we brought him home in mid February. Mom took care of him everyday for about 7 weeks until he took a turn for the worse last week.

He suffered from congestive heart failure, diabetes and had an arthritic knee and hip but exercised his arms and legs in bed hoping against odds to walk again.

He died peacefully with his family at his bedside.

He was my Hero.

Dear Cookie man, I am sorry for your loss.....You and family were there with him................[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ...........

Good for you, and good for him to have been so well loved.............

Thankyou for sharing your sad news....condolences to you and all who cared

I lost mine a year ago and it opens a new phase of love and appreciation in one's life

Reminding you what an important role model a good father is.....

V

:-({|=

Archived