Gibson Brands Forums

Ever felt STOOPID?

Johnt

Years ago I was bitterly disappointed when, having bought tickets for the Stones gig at Cardiff Arms Park, the gig was postponed because young Mr Richards had stuck an E string into his forefinger!

What a prat I thought.......

Well I am sitting here typing with my right hand and the middle finger of my left with my forefinger bandaged

Now I'd like to say I did not follow Keefs lead.... oh no..... I am clearly much more stupid!!

The cars needed cleaning yesterday so out with the trusty Karcher and with an hour all were sparkling. Now you who have a Karcher ( pressure washer) know its an ar$e to set up so I thought I'd clean the back patio when I was about it.

Trouble was the round swirly patio cleaner thing was blocked so I set out to unblock, taking it apart and putting it back again.

The thing was working on one jet and not the other so..........

I thought ( or not) if I stick a finger over that jet then more pressure would go through the other and unblock it

WRONG my finger was penetrated by a microjet full of water which caused it to swell hugely and hurt like Hades!

It was a clean wound though!!

Surely this has to be the most stupid way to injury your hands ever???????????

Unless of course?????

You know different!

John...your story made me WINCE!!!.....Sorry to hear about your injury....get well soon and don't be too hard on yourself, it happens to the best of us. I hurt my picking hand playing Wii tennis when I forgot about the ceiling fan and was really trying to put some hot sauce on a serve of mine....lol....I nearly broke my finger and couldn't play for weeks....which I consider even a stoopider way to injur myself than the way you did....lol...get well quick!!!

When I was a young lad about ten or so, I decided that I could tighten the cap on a plastic bleach bottle, throw a brick on it to pop it and I could get a pretty loud bang. I got this idea from people turning a paper cup upside down and stomping it making a popping sound.

Well I got my one quart bleach bottle and cranked the lid down real tight. Found a standard size brick and proceeded to throw the brick at the bottle laying in front of my feet. I threw this brick with all of my might and even followed through so that I was leaning over with my face directly about the plastic bottle. You know that thing about equal and opposite force, well that brick hit the plastic bottle and bounced off of it as fast as I had thrown it and hit me right in the mouth.

I had lips like MIck and saw a lot of stars. Never tried that again.

When I was a young lad about ten or so, I decided that I could tighten the cap on a plastic bleach bottle, throw a brick on it to pop it and I could get a pretty loud bang. I got this idea from people turning a paper cup upside down and stomping it making a popping sound.

Well I got my one quart bleach bottle and cranked the lid down real tight. Found a standard size brick and proceeded to throw the brick at the bottle laying in front of my feet. I threw this brick with all of my might and even followed through so that I was leaning over with my face directly about the plastic bottle. You know that thing about equal and opposite force, well that brick hit the plastic bottle and bounced off of it as fast as I had thrown it and hit me right in the mouth.

I had lips like MIck and saw a lot of stars. Never tried that again.

Okay....you win.....

Yeah, good story...Once I was teasing our dog....grabbing for the bone he was chewing. He'd snap at me in a playful way as I'd jerk my hand away. Then one time I was just a bit too slow and I caught the end of my index finger on one of his fangs....Yeoooow! Bled like crazy and I couldn't make very many chords with my left hand for several days. We live and we learn (sometimes). I've done it again since then...lol..

Yeah, good story...Once I was teasing our dog....grabbing for the bone he was chewing. He'd snap at me in a playful way as I'd jerk my hand away. Then one time I was just a bit too slow and I caught the end of my index finger on one of his fangs....Yeoooow! Bled like crazy and I couldn't make very many chords with my left hand for several days. We live and we learn (sometimes). I've done it again since then...lol..

You'd have learned your lesson if you had a pit bull!

You'd have learned your lesson if you had a pit bull!

I have a 1 year old Pit and tug is his favorite game. I play this with him very competitively, and I worry every single time about my hands and fingers. But so far I have managed to stay safe.

Dan, that's what he was...lol...No kidding, and he one of the most gentle dogs in the world.....I think one of the most painful things you can do is poke a hole in your fingertip while changing strings. That does hurt. :-({|=

MP...I agree with you.....the string poke gets me for days.....lol......and I do it almost every time.....lol.....

Archived