Gibson Brands Forums

2011 Standard

kydude

I was looking for a Historic with a 60's neck profile, such as the G0 or something similar but had no luck in my area. This Standard caught my eye though at GC. We made a deal with me trading in a Strat. for it.

I absolutely love the Burstbucker Pro pups. This guitar has the asymmetrical neck, and feels great.

Picture.jpg

My Strat was a very nice 08 American Deluxe and I really liked it, but when I bought a Plain Top R8 VOS about a year ago it was more to my personal preference, AKA I fell in love with it! I knew another LP was in my future, so the Strat needed to go. I also have a new SG Standard.

I don't gig so the jack was really no big deal to me either way. I love the locking tuners, it makes string changes sooo much easier. My 2 LPs have different pups so my mind is reeling from the tones!

Congrats. I've had mine for a little over a year and I love it. The only mod I am going to do is add PtP pots. Nothing wrong with the Bornes, but I just can't get into the computer board concept on a guitar. Other than that, I love the neck, and the P/Us are great. Enjoy!

Nice!

I have a 2008 Les Paul Standard goldtop made in 2009 and I can't put it down. I love everything about it.

The jack is a great idea, but I do have concerns that I will break the jack or release as I am so used to just pulling my cable out of my guitars. Not a big deal though.

Congratulations on your new Les Paul and enjoy.

I have a 2010 08 Standard that's just perfect (for me). For some reason. I could never get on with my Strat and ended up selling her about 2 week ago. Nothing wrong with it, but could never connect with the feel or tone of the guitar. Each to their own.

I think the locking jack on the Standard is a great idea if playing on stage (as long as you have plenty of cable)but at home, its a bit of a pain and takes a little more effort.

Re the PCB, its a shame Gibson don`t let us take advantage of the technology by selling a range of pickups supplied with the connectors. If we could simply swap our pickups in a few minutes, we could keep a range of our favourites and then set the LP up for the desired tone. It would also make it easy for us to experiment, as it would be truly plug and play and any bits that don`t do it for you could b e sold via ebay. I think Gibson are holding back, as it could have an impact on new sales, which is completely understandable.

Anyway, have fun and enjoy [thumbup]

Archived