Gibson Brands Forums

New Gear - Slash Appetite

mikelewis

Picked up a new Slash Appetite Les Paul on Sunday. Been playing it a lot since then. The setup is fantastic right out of the case. The neck is sort of like a slim 60's profile, yet it fills the palm nicely (not too skinny). It is a real comfortable neck.

The SD Slash pickups are FANTASTIC! Some of the best tones I've ever dialed into. I am playing through a 15w Fender Blues Junior, and clean or driven, these pickups smoke in all three positions. Especially in the bridge "lead" position, the tone is simply awesome. It is a very versatile guitar, I think it would work in pretty much any musical genre, but it is especially suited for hard rock!

EpiphoneSlashAFDbody2.jpg

EpiphoneSlashAFDbody.jpg

EpiphoneSlashAFD.jpg

Picked up a new Slash Appetite Les Paul on Sunday. Been playing it a lot since then. The setup is fantastic right out of the case. The neck is sort of like a slim 60's profile, yet it fills the palm nicely (not too skinny). It is a real comfortable neck.

The SD Slash pickups are FANTASTIC! Some of the best tones I've ever dialed into. I am playing through a 15w Fender Blues Junior, and clean or driven, these pickups smoke in all three positions. Especially in the bridge "lead" position, the tone is simply awesome. It is a very versatile guitar, I think it would work in pretty much any musical genre, but it is especially suited for hard rock!

HNGD Mike, I can't see your pics, there's a section at the top of the Do-It-Yourself thread pinned to the top of the Epi Lounge on posting pics. I love the specs and look of the slash's, just that headstock logo puts me off, but that's a minor aside, the guitars themselves seem to be something else, congrats.

HNGD Mike, I can't see your pics, there's a section at the top of the Do-It-Yourself thread pinned to the top of the Epi Lounge on posting pics. I love the specs and look of the slash's, just that headstock logo puts me off, but that's a minor aside, the guitars themselves seem to be something else, congrats.

Thanks. These pics are linked to my TwitPic account. I checked out this thread: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/11005-sticky-how-to-post-photos/ - I used the "Image" button at the top (which plugs the URL of my image into the "img" code, similar to the aforementioned link I got from the sticky), so I'm not sure what I did wrong?

I'm not too keen on the headstock logo either, but that is a very minor deal, it's quickly forgotten once I plug the sucker in, the guitar is a sonic beast. I love it!

Alright, I removed the links to my TwitPic and dug up my old Photobucket account info and posted them there. Hopefully the pics will work, I can see them now, but I could see them before too before the links got broke. If it's an issue of too many graphics I can remove them as well and just link them.

Alright, I removed the links to my TwitPic and dug up my old Photobucket account info and posted them there. Hopefully the pics will work, I can see them now, but I could see them before too before the links got broke. If it's an issue of too many graphics I can remove them as well and just link them.

No probs, can see them clearly now, what a stunner, lovely detail in the bookmatched maple, especially that bit between the pups, great score Mike.

Beautiful. I actually just saw one in person for the firtst time at Guitar Center this weekend. It is an absolutely gorgeous guitar. The craftsmanship looked impeccable.

I didn't get to play it, even though it was easily accessible on the bottom row, as I had my whole family with me and my wife didn't feel like herding both kids in GC herself. Can't really blame her there...

It was just a string run, so I had to limit browsing. But the Slash really caught my eye as I just finished his autobiography yesterday.

Congrats on a real beauty,

Beautiful. I actually just saw one in person for the firtst time at Guitar Center this weekend. It is an absolutely gorgeous guitar. The craftsmanship looked impeccable.

I didn't get to play it, even though it was easily accessible on the bottom row, as I had my whole family with me and my wife didn't feel like herding both kids in GC herself. Can't really blame her there...

It was just a string run, so I had to limit browsing. But the Slash really caught my eye as I just finished his autobiography yesterday.

Congrats on a real beauty,

Like you, I went into GC with my son, just planning to kill some time. The Slash was way at the top but it caught my eye. I once played the Gibson version of the Slash knowing full well I couldn't plunk down $3K for a guitar, even though I really wanted to. But $999 seemed very reasonable. I asked the salesman to pull it down, and I plugged it into a Fender Bronco amp and played it for about 30 minutes and fell in love with it immediately, those Seymour Duncan Slash pickups are awesome pickups. I knew if I didn't get it right there it would not be there next time. So I pulled the trigger, and am glad I did.

A week later and I am still playing it constantly. The tones I can dial into are awesome, both clean and dirty. I have a Fender Blues Jr., and it works great with this setup, but I would like to get a mini (5W) Marshall tube amp as well knowing a Les Paul needs a Marshall. This guitar smokes, and the build is outstanding. Very solid guitar, nice and heavy without the swiss cheese holes, has the long-tenon neck joint (the Gibson USA version does not), and it has sustain upon sustain. It is a monster guitar!

Archived