Gibson Brands Forums

J-45 Vs J45-TV conundrum

ParlourMan

I can only add that my 2010 SJ-200 "True Vintage" is really superior to every Standard J-200 I've played, and that tone-wise, every one of the three "J-45 TVs" I've auditioned was in a different league, acoustically, from its "standard model" counterparts.

Of course the "True Vintage" models lack electronics, but if you were just going to play the guitars without a pickup (I know that's not your plan...), in my experience, the "True Vintage" Series would be the way to go.

I've never played a "True Vintage" Series guitar that didn't possess remarkably impressive tone and feel, very reminiscent of the classic vintage Gibson acoustics that I've been fortunate enough to have owned and played over the years. Good luck...

"Choose wisely",

Jack6849

How much extra would it cost to get a standard or TV with the Kebmo type neck???? I know this would be a custom order but might be worth investigating. Standard J-45 with 1 13/16" nut and TV bracing??? Sounds like a good order to me!! If I was ordering I would play a little more, getting an Ebony fretboard, bridge, and the "snakehead" headstock with "the Gibson" old fashioned headstock inlay......but that's just me....lol....good luck in your search!!!

Not entirely sure what Page played 'Babe I'm gonna leave you' on, but chances are either his Harmony Sovereign or a borrowed SJ 200. Sounds good on the Wood though. Looking forward to EA's blind comparison and only wish I could record too. Blind is best in these situations.

Archived