Gibson Brands Forums

New LP purchase

Kenny V

After trying out this particular LP for the last several months, I decided last Friday to go ahead and buy it. The guys at my local Sam Ash store were great to deal with, as usual. So I am now the proud owner of a brand new "Blackwater" LP. I was hesitant to purchase a second LP, but after playing it every night for the last 5 days I like it more now than I did when I purchased it. The GraphTech Ghost piezo bridge sounds fantastic. There is no end to the different sounds this guitar can produce. With a limited run of only 200 guitars, I am surprised that the Blackwater LP's are still around. Hopefully the photo of my LP's I tried to attach can be viewed.

Kenny V

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/2eGqP5xKfWPWdZZqDKVA5NiCGhOFV3mO-VdVLDtKFrw?feat=directlink

Hey man,

Throw the damn thing in the bin!!!

Only joking, it's good to see some cats can venture away from the typical les paul and experiment with something new

Very nice,

Can't say much about the F's in the background though. I'm a Marshall kind o' guy!!! Still very nice,,,

and remember "only a Gibson is good enough"

Enjoy,

Cheers, Mick from OZ!!!!msp_thumbup.gif

Thanks for the positive replies. When the newness wears off of the Blackwater I will go back to my main guitar which is my trans amber LP standard. I know a lot of people have knocked the Blackwater, but it is a great playing and sounding guitar. The only complaint I have about the guitar is no tone control knob for the piezo pickup. As long as I play the guitar with a stereo chord through two amp, I can easily control the tone for the piezo pickup by using the amp controls. The only other thing I believe Gibson could/should have included with the guitar was a stereo chord since it is a stereo guitar. I had a Fender power Nashville Telecaster that had a piezo pickup on it. I sold it to help pay for the Blackwater which is hands down a much better playing and sounding guitar. Nothing against Fender, but you usually get what you pay for and the Mexican made Fender Nashville Telecaster costs a lot less. I have never owned a Marshall amp, someday I hope to along with a Vox amp. I do have to add that the type of music I play the Fender tube amps that I own sound fantastic.

Kenny V

• 2 weeks later...

retrosurfer 1959, I do own a few more guitars and another amp, but I work at giving them all some play time. I seem to have a major problem that prevents me from not looking and occasionally purchasing new and/or used guitars, amps, and accessories.

Chase 1410, The Blackwater LP is Nickleback's rhythm guitar player, Chad Kroger signature guitar without his signature on it.

This_Dying_Soul, that's one beautiful LP, a real keeper. Enjoy!

Kenny V

Thanks Kenny, I have plans for this beauty. I figure between limited run and the unique feature of the PushTone model (push the pickups out the back, disconnect the solderless connection and connect the other pickup ~the guitar comes with a set of Burstbucker Pro's and a set of P-94's~ then pop the pickup in through the back of the guitar for a different sound) this guitar will be a good investment instrument.

In the mean time I get to play a sweat Les Paul. I just have to make sure to take good care of it. Mainly, it's rarely leaving my house. If I ever get into a gigging band again, this guitar will be reserved for recording but for certain gigs that I consider special occasions like TV appearances or weddings (I find besides paying really well risk of damaging gear at weddings is normally lower than the average bar gig) I may make exceptions.

Archived