Gibson Brands Forums

New Gibson black finish

BluesKing777

Although basic black is always in, and cool for motorcycles and stealth fighters - I just can't see black accoustics. I seriously came close to a black flying dove custom shop a moth ago, but went with a Hummingbird TV. I don't see black banjos, fiddles mandolins or anything except pianos I guess. But, there's a market for it, and I sure can't say my taste is better than Johnny Cash's. Far from it!

You're still talkin' the black Dove, right?

A black flying dove custom that was at a GC in Atlanta a month ago. It was that or a H'bird TV at a GC in CA - but went with the 'bird because, as cool as the dove was/is - my other Gibson has maple b/s and I wanted mahogany. They were priced about the same.

A black flying dove custom that was at a GC in Atlanta a month ago. It was that or a H'bird TV at a GC in CA - but went with the 'bird because, as cool as the dove was/is - my other Gibson has maple b/s and I wanted mahogany. They were priced about the same.

HAHAHA...I just wanted to make sure you weren't talkin' about KT.

I think I saw that black DIF at GC, (in a photo).

Selective appreciation. I think a black L00w/tortise guard is fab. Not so much dreads &U jumbos. Chaucon le gout.

Yep - I might paint it black - will be easy to get the Collings 'Doghair finish' around here - it is everywhere. Mechanic said one of my fuel injectors had dog hair stuck in it!

Plus - some Everly Brothers stars on the neck! (maybe stick-on).

$(KGrHqIOKkYE2JpMjcl4BNtRi(2ZPQ~~_3.JPG

Waiting for delivery van! 58 LG0.

Regards

BK.

Archived