Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BluesKing777

New Gibson black finish

They look cool, definitely have the Johnny Cash vibe. Also seems practical that some good tonewood that may not have the best figure and wouldn't suit a natural/transparent finish gets used in a quality guitar.

I am not into the "black" guitar thing. When I think Gibson....Well...Its Sunburst....You know, 'natural' wood - glow tones. Each to his own. Black is for 'hearses' and 'color-blind' PeePs!

Although basic black is always in, and cool for motorcycles and stealth fighters - I just can't see black accoustics. I seriously came close to a black flying dove custom shop a moth ago, but went with a Hummingbird TV. I don't see black banjos, fiddles mandolins or anything except pianos I guess. But, there's a market for it, and I sure can't say my taste is better than Johnny Cash's. Far from it!

But, after seeing KT Tunstal strumming like poetry on the black Gibby (thanks for the thread OWF) I may have to change my mind.

You're still talkin' the black Dove, right?

You're still talkin' the black Dove, right?

A black flying dove custom that was at a GC in Atlanta a month ago. It was that or a H'bird TV at a GC in CA - but went with the 'bird because, as cool as the dove was/is - my other Gibson has maple b/s and I wanted mahogany. They were priced about the same.

A black flying dove custom that was at a GC in Atlanta a month ago. It was that or a H'bird TV at a GC in CA - but went with the 'bird because, as cool as the dove was/is - my other Gibson has maple b/s and I wanted mahogany. They were priced about the same.

HAHAHA...I just wanted to make sure you weren't talkin' about KT.

I think I saw that black DIF at GC, (in a photo).

Selective appreciation. I think a black L00w/tortise guard is fab. Not so much dreads &U jumbos. Chaucon le gout.

I am with ya on that one, Rambler, on the black L00.....tortoise guard....YES!!!!

Selective appreciation. I think a black L00w/tortise guard is fab. Not so much dreads &U jumbos. Chaucon le gout.

Yep - I might paint it black - will be easy to get the Collings 'Doghair finish' around here - it is everywhere. Mechanic said one of my fuel injectors had dog hair stuck in it!

Plus - some Everly Brothers stars on the neck! (maybe stick-on).

$(KGrHqIOKkYE2JpMjcl4BNtRi(2ZPQ~~_3.JPG

Waiting for delivery van! 58 LG0.

Regards

BK.