Gibson Brands Forums

A little more bad luck......

Andre S

After accidently breaking the pickup ground on my Lace Sensor....I unplugged my Super Champ XD, to find that the ground prong broke inside the outlet. I got it out, but can I use any power cord that matches the outlet? Or find a Fender replacement?

After accidently breaking the pickup ground on my Lace Sensor....I unplugged my Super Champ XD, to find that the ground prong broke inside the outlet. I got it out, but can I use any power cord that matches the outlet? Or find a Fender replacement?

You having all kinds of bad luck with the electrical stuff lately.

Be careful, man. Make sure your bad luck streak doesn't get into electrocution territory.

• 2 weeks later...

You have two options:

1. Cut off just the connector and replace it with something like this: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202039721/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

2. Take your amp into an amp tech and have them replace the entire power cord.

Outside of that you take your chances with an ungrounded amp and get zapped from time to time. I did the first option on an old Roland keyboard amp and it worked fine.

You have two options:

1. Cut off just the connector and replace it with something like this: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202039721/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

2. Take your amp into an amp tech and have them replace the entire power cord.

Outside of that you take your chances with an ungrounded amp and get zapped from time to time. I did the first option on an old Roland keyboard amp and it worked fine.

The Power Cord is detachable from the amp as well.

If you have another amp with the same type plug ins for the power cord, you can probably use it on the Super Champ. Just make sure the wire guages are the same.

I do, but I use all of them, because I play my amps together....switching back and forth.

I do, but I use all of them, because I play my amps together....switching back and forth.

You can most likely buy a replacement at any guitar dealer or amp repair shop.

Archived